• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Arcus group of Companies

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Arcus group of Companies

I just did a survey over the phone, or should I call it a poll.
    They asked weather I grew wheat or barley in the past 5 years. They asked many questions about the board , if I wanted to market my grain through them or through an open market. If I thought the board was doing a good job. IF the board could continue to exist in an open market. I said that I could not answer yes or no that question, I said they needed to make some changes and then it also depends on the workers there, weather they work at surviving or not. Then the final questions were
    1. Would you like to continue marketting your grain through the CWB's monopoly. Or
    2. Would you like to sell all of your grain to an open market without the existence of the CWB.

So I then asked " What happened to the third question" She laughed. Then I asked "is that the only questions I have to choose from?" she said " that is it"
    So I said then I would choose the open market without the CWB.
    I don't like the survey because they did not ask the third question. I want the third question.

Oh and then I dialed back and got the number 866 265 3385, I phoned it and got a recording . Arcus group of Companies. I looked on the internet and found that name to be a company that specializes in doing surveys. So without the third option, who can we guess has hired them?

Comment

And my final payment just got smaller, kamichel

Comment

Has anyone in Alberta had these calls?

Comment

Legal Name: Arcus Group Inc.
          Operating Name: Arcus Group Inc.

Mailing Address
          1801-1 Yonge St
          TORONTO, Ontario
          M5E 1W7
          Location Address
          1801-1 Yonge St
          TORONTO, Ontario
          M5E 1W7

Telephone: (416) 710-2727
          Fax: (416) 335-8002
          Email: info@arcusgroup.ca
          Website URL: http://www.arcusgroup.ca

Contact Information

Merril Mascarenhas
          Title: President
          Telephone: (416) 710-2727
          Fax: (416) 763-0438
          Email: merril@arcusgroup.ca

Change Management Practices To Directly Impact Your Bottom-Line

By: Merril Mascarenhas

Launching a continuous improvement initiative is a priority for most organizations today. The goal is to drive change in a way that helps them reinvent themselves as better competitors with a deeper understanding of customer needs and resilient to adverse changes in business conditions. Terms such as TQM (Total Quality Management), Six Sigma, Breakthrough Management, Lean Transformation, Reengineering, Operational Excellence, etc. have the same goal- achieving a breakthrough by fundamentally changing the way business is executed.

Despite methodologies with clear and consistent roadmap to implementation, different companies have experienced varying degrees of success in implementing such programs. In many cases, the benefits, in terms of employee morale and culture, customer satisfaction and the bottom line have turned elusive. The question is -- why is there this variation in levels of success amongst adopters of these programs? Most methodologies are neither sufficient nor exhaustive. Here are potential issues that can make a difference between a successful and a not-so-successful deployment.

1. Start with the foundation
          Most organizations underestimate the need for a support structure in the process of deploying Lean or Six Sigma. A gap assessment is integral to identifying your current state and the future, desired state. This activity produces a list of things that need to change and be positively reinforced. Consultants with a superior knowledge base can be helpful in foreseeing roadblocks and addressing these challenges at the outset.

2. Speed isn’t always the essence
          Most change initiatives go through a series of necessary steps that have fixed lead times. Ignoring this fact results in overlooking essential activities that only create an illusion of speed and never produces desired results. Sticking to an overall game plan and building steady momentum can lead to more coherent and permanent change than isolated successes from diffused activities.

3. Driving A Shared Vision
          Communicating a strong sense of urgency hasn’t been a challenge in most organizations. This often results in a flurry of activities in the right direction to start with. However, in most cases, sustaining the level of activities is a challenge. Beyond organizational structure, incentives and job descriptions, driving change requires a shared vision. Everybody has a role and clearly understands his or her role.

4. Old barriers
          New tools and a new roadmap empowers people to do things differently but organizational structure, if not addressed adequately, can seriously damage the credibility of the effort and make employees cynical. Big roadblocks need to be addressed early in the deployment phase to boost morale and provide momentum throughout the organization.

5. Show Me The Money
          Change should produce a measurable economic benefit to a business. There needs to be a correlation between metrics and the bottom line. This may warrant financial systems for identification of reform opportunities. In many cases, gains are realized only after a series of project segments (like a step function).

6. Success sets the trend
          Large initiatives need to be split into manageable chunks. Cumbersome processes lose steam if there are no short-term goals and wins defined upfront to create enthusiasm and aid in team building. Smaller goals make the larger missions look achievable and help to gather support even from skeptics resisting change.

7. Leaders Wanted
          Most organizations create environments that encourage management to be risk averse and preserve the status quo. Change forces a new state of business, which requires substantial leadership. A typical symptom of slower organizations is too many managers and not enough leaders. Great leaders transform cultures and stimulate breakthroughs.

AG helps companies lower costs and increase revenue by implementing best-in-class practices in Business, Marketing and Communications Management.

Article Source: http://www.content.onlypunjab.com

We use these practices to find new revenue growth opportunities for our clients. We then help them market their products and services. www.arcusgroup.ca

Comment

And here I thought Measly and Co. were worried about the Winnipeg jobs lost.No wonder if all they hire is people from Toronto.Even the part-timer I talked to (at a CWB office no. filling in a maternity leave) answered her cell from Mississauga.

Comment

I suppose it is normal business operations for a company the size of the CWB to do surveys. If it is the CWB's survey. could also be a gov't survey. Or any other CWB supporter. I think without the third option of wanting the CWB in an open market environment, it gives a person the view that the CWB cannot exist in open market.

Comment

Still don`t get it......why does the CWB have to survey farmers they have a monopoly over.....that`s the law...seems like a waste of money to me.Who`s selling the grain???

Comment

I just got the call.
                  Southern saskatchewan for what its worth.

Comment

So did you add your name to the list.Are they going to have to phone you back??

Comment

Not trying to defend the CWB, but how do you know for sure it was them that commissioned the survey?

Comment

Not 100% sure but that`s what the supervisor said.Kamichel, are you a permit book holder??

Comment

Don't know for sure who contracted the survey. Been trying to call the company back and they do not return my calls. I guess for the moment they are defending whoever hired them. Not neccessarily CWB could just be a waist of tax dollars.

Comment

Yes permit book holder and barley seller.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...