• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

C WB paying Crop insurance to Do on farm Audits

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

C WB paying Crop insurance to Do on farm Audits

CWB is out today measuring my Durum for an Audit on this years production.
    They are hiring the Sask Crop insurance to do it.
    WHAT A WASTE OF MY MONEY AND TIME.
    Have more production than claimed.
    But this useless organization is comming to an end, LETS ALL PRAY!

SASKFARMER3,

You can pray, but you'll probably have to do a CWB buyback on the prayers.

Comment

I wonder if you would qualify for a $1000 stress benefit? Aren't you an employee of the CWB?

Comment

You durum guys never cease to amaze me, you seem to grow it because you can and not because you should. There is a limited supply of durum in the world, primarily the southern prairies, including the northern states, north Africa and Australia, to go along with this limited supply is a limited demand. Therefore the price is either reduced or the supply has to be reduced. Now myself as a farmer who grows 40-70% non-board crops my croping decisions don't include crops that are either oversupplied or underpriced, the two usualy go together. So the question remains. Why are you still growing a crop that you can't sell or if you could would not have any value? If it was up to me I'd do 100% call and collect the liquidated damages on unfullfilled contracts. That money would then be put back into the pool, therefore anyone who didn't lie about production would effectively end up with a higher price for their durum. And by the way, you would be taking a hit on your durum to sell it south of the border at this time, if you could.

Comment

Durum is a good crop for the brown soil zones. What is needed is new customers/uses. Always curious about the fit of low grade/protein durum in the ethanol industry. Your competition for these areas may be a close relative to durum - triticale - but I digress from the original topic.

Comment

The reason the CWB audit's some customers every year is to keep us from contracting twice as much grain as we have knowing they will only accept 50%. If everyone contracted only the amount that they had, or less, it wouldn't be a problem.

Comment

I've been audited in the past for HRS. I enjoyed seeing a CWB employee fly from Winnipeg to Calgary and drive 4 hrs. to climb my bins to see that I was completely truthful.
              Perhaps at that time I was one of few who were.

Comment

Do most of you guys just not get it. Here we have someone who will get probably $500.00 for the day to climb my bins only to come to the conclusion that I have exactly what I said I had. Then he will drive back home with his finished report. Second the comment from the guy on growing Durum, I grow what is needed the farm isn't all seeded to Durum and if I could get it to my Cousins in ND I would get paid $5.00 US a bushel or $5.60 Canadian and at over 65 that equates to a crop that makes money. But on our farm CWB crops are 36% and the rest are open market. I loose because of the CWB and because the closest route to a river system is through the USA not Vancouver or TB and they like and need my product.
                Now back to whats ticking me off with this process for years the CWB has done a piss poor job of marketing our Durum and we have cut back because of this (Crossing the border led to fines and almost jail time) But spending more money to check the amount of grain I have is another waste in my mind.
                I cant wait till the day I can do what I want with 36% of my grain.

Comment

We had our audit done last week. Its a big waste of money. Consider that they accepted 80% of the durum offered on the A series contract. All they would have to do is accept the other 20% on the B or C contract and farmers would have to deliver 100% of their contract. Those that couldn't would be exposed at that time. If they accept 100% before the end of the crop year every penny spent on auditing is a complete waste. Its not just the people out measuring bins either. I had three phone conversations with someone from the CWB office regarding our audit so office staff are busy with it too. But they don't care about our money do they? Oh by the way, we passed the audit so I don't have to go to jail. They won't audit us next. No more CWB grains on our farm.

Comment

They won't audit us next year. No more CWB grains on our farm.

Comment

I feel the same as far as CWB grains we are one more stupid thing from the CWB and thats it for any crop moved through them.

Comment

I am of the impression that the cwb is only auditing people who have a cash advance. It is probably not a bad thing to have some random auditing going on and people knowing about it for cash advances. You realy get the money on you own word, and the less than honest people will hopefully think twice knowing they could get a random audit.

Comment

I would think that past performance should be enough for people that have cash advances.

Comment

I dont have a cash advance, their checking Durum to make sure I didnt sign up for more than I had so that they can only take 80%.

Comment

SASKFARMER3,

It's fun to have virtual-coffee with you in the morning!

Parsly

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...