• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Value Adding on the Farm

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parsley: The federal Government and its bureaucrats have legislated the Western Canadian agricultural industry into transfering wealth to Eastern Canada. Now it is slowing changing into flowing West. Now if we could convince them to change to an open market system domestically to create value add industry and allow that product to be exported with out a buy back. Maybe we could increase our domestic use of bulk commodities. Rural Western Canada might create employment for a few dying towns. Chas

Comment

At one time, there was a CWB decree in permit books that limited the amount of wheat a farmer could mill annually. That prevented value-add right on your own farm.

How did they have the nerve to pass a regulation limiting farm-held grain milled on the farm? If there was a statute that backed up their regulation, it would still be in effect. Think about it....farmer held grain.....and the CWB telling you you cannot mill it.

All of a sudden in the '90's you can mill your grain on your farm! Really. Must have been a big parliamentary change we all missed.

Or maybe just another dose of CWB "misinformation" that is making me plain crusty, Tom4CWB.

Chas, don't wait for the CWB to tell you, or inform or give you anything. YOU tell them. They work for you. For us. It's just that they have forgotten it. And so have we.

Parsley

Comment

Parsley,

I beleive there is restrictions on how much flour I can have milled and give to food banks in my own home town!

When do you think the CWB will break the flour mills monopoly over us?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...