• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

YEA HAA!!!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

YEA HAA!!!

WE are freakin movin today!!!

I'm still huge long KC wheat, but it's a step in the right direction. Still waiting for those new historic highs. Probably see it in corn before wheat.

Should be able to buy the kids new shoes now! Maybe even take momma out for supper.

Comment

Time for a Joke?

What is a CWB Joke; Crusher?

1. Class enemies known as "Detractors" (or "decombiners" take your choice)invent them,
      2. CWB Directors tell them,
      3. The central committee in Winnipeg put them into practice!

A CWB a"single desk" Party member was riding in a combine and asked the "designated area" grain grower if he was more happy, or less happy; about things since the 1993 "single desk" "Goodale" Party members took charge!

The Grower says: Less Happy;

The CWB Party member asks: WHY?

The combine driver/grower said he had two suits before... but now can only afford one.

The CWB Party member said... just count your blessings... you should be happy you don't live in Africa... they are completely naked over there!

The "designated area" grain grower asked, Oh, I hadn't realised the CWB
      took over there, when did this happen?

"The CWB's selling prices in Algeria are very low, since our country benefits from preferential prices. This preferential
      price saves Algeria several tens of dollars per tonne purchased. No other country gives us such benefits."
      "Mohamed Kacem, Director General of OAIC"
      (Algerian state grain import agency)

Hmmmmm, I feel a book coming on here!

Comment

Tom:
        It seems your posts have become irrelevant to this thread. Havent you noticed no one seems to reply to you anymore?

Here's a joke for you:

The CWB wheat pool returns are so low that the Jackson's go to Kentucky Fried Chicken to lick other people's fingers.

Comment

.....Classy

Comment

How long will this move go? Some good levels for pricing will show up by tues if we see follow through. What are some pricing targets? $8.5 canola should be avil by tues for early fall.

Comment

furrowtickler,

Read this article:

Jan 15, 2007 (DailyFX via COMTEX) -- Points of interest:

US$ Dollar,No Slowdown In Sight,
              Euro; Euro Tripped By Trichet‚
              Another Ugly Week for Yen?
              Cable Rocks Off BoE Hike?
              Unemployment Data Unable to Slow Declines
              C$ Loonie Fights Despite Crashing Crude
              AU$ Aussie Employment Revives Rate Hopes
              NZ$ Kiwi Awaits Critical Inflation Report.

http://news.tradingcharts.com/futures/6/6/88018466.html?mpop

I doubt if a close look would cause a YEA HAA!!!

BennyHin,

The CWB has a big enough export tax on grain leaving Canada from the "designated area"... to stop grain movement dead... of wheat and barley ... except the limited exports managed by the CWB.

Like lambs being led to the slaughter... grain growers inside the "designated area" are so "blinded by the light" of CWB power... they can't even see what is happening!

WOW.

Are we at close to peak Canadian grain prices? The CWB has capped barley and wheat prices both export and domestic.

Where does oil go. If oil goes down to $45... what happens to corn? Nothing? Livestock feeding will decline, Corn consumption will decline... sure lost to think about!

Investment in Canadian Ethanol?... WOW I sure would think twice... but if the CWB wins the right to keep barley... then captive barley and feed wheat... cheap feed stocks... maybe then.

Canola is hot... Biodiesel is hot, much cheaper than ethanol to produce... this would be a better bet my hunch is!

But hey... I am just a dumb grain grower who has never marketed any grains in my life... I AM JUST A PRICE TAKER... right Benny!

Comment

Bennyhin;

We "designated area" "price takers" have seen Canola jump $150/t since last year at this time.

WOW... we sure drove that price down... didn't we benny!

KInd of makes a tear come to your eye... doesn't it Benny!

Here is a little Canola news to put in your lamp and burn!

"WINNIPEG, MB, Jan 12, 2007 (Resource News International via COMTEX) -- The following is a collection of opinions of traders at the Winnipeg Commodity Exchange and Canadian grain industry representatives.

There are ideas that as we move further into the 2006/07 crop year, the spread between old crop July canola contract and the new crop November future will widen even further than what it is currently sitting at, according to industry sources.

The old crop July canola future at the Winnipeg Commodity Exchange (WCE) settled Friday at $398.60 per metric ton. The new crop November future was $387.60 at the close.

Some felt that the July canola future would continue to climb higher as supplies of the commodity in Canada are used up at a faster than expected level.

Others, however, felt that the November future would decline further in view of the massive jump in canola area that will be put into the ground this spring.

"Whether it's one reason or the other, or even both, it will be enough to probably widen that spread a bit further than what it is currently," a broker commented.

The broker acknowledged that supplies of old crop canola have declined significantly from the 1.5 million tonnes forecast at one point in time.

"I know Agriculture Canada is still of the belief that 2006/07 (Aug/Jly) canola ending stocks are going to be in the 1.70 million tone range," the broker said. "However, most of the Canadian oilseed industry is generally working with a number that is closer to 1.0 million tons or under."

The broker said there is still a good chance that the ending stocks picture for canola will be tighter, given the seemingly strong export demand situation.

As for the area that will be seeded to canola, there were ideas the crop will be significantly larger than the 13.156 million acres seeded in the spring of 2006.

"There are estimates that canola area will be at least 10% higher than the year ago figure and possible as high as 15 million acres if futures prices continue to climb upwards," an analyst said.

"Once we get closer to the spring and we see the actual crop going into the ground, new crop values will start taking a bigger hit," the analyst predicted. However, any problems with the weather afterwards, would quickly negate that prediction.

The broker said that new crop canola normally trades at a discount to the old crop given the prospects of a new harvest."

http://news.tradingcharts.com/futures/9/2/87947229.html

Canola... Kind of like the West German T.V. seen by the East Germans... right throught the Great Wall of Berlin.

Benny;

Of them growing number of jokes being told in the last days of the Soviet Union... and in East Germany... a party member said:

That these jokes would eventually just go away...

Because the class enemies (Detractors of Decombiners) of the state, were causing the problem, eventually they would run out of things to complain about...

A day would come when all the problems would be solved... and there wouldn't be anything more to joke about!

THis is what you want, right Benny?

Comment

Benny-you made me spit coffee all over my key board

Tom-friday was yeahaa day if i ever saw one

Comment

C.P.

DO you want to tell me you make decisions on Fridays news?

Comment

Tom:

Ich verstehe nicht

Comment

C.P.,

Clearly you use the newest information you can... and does't this market look a touch toppy?

Comment

Some things need to correct before going higher and some dont,because they already.Yes I look at the newest info but ive become proficent enough at reading charts that often times i disagree with"proffesional"traders advice.And my batting average is more than ok.

Comment

judging by the close today the score is:
                            TOM 1
                            Cotton 0

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...