• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pricing Versus Marketing

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for the reply Tom
    I do not realy see wheat as a fuel for homes.
    I see it as a fuel for industries who want to give a green image to their customers, I am sure you have them over there. The ones who say this bag is made from recycled paper.

I hope Ed's stove is the MF 780 and bigger better one is on the drawing board.

Do you have a wood burner for cheaper heat when it is convient to use it.
    I do.

These are the situations I would see a market for fuel wheat.

I agree about the energy use to grow it
    that is why I am so SURPRISED by the prices, and I presume you are.

If the J.D. figures are right it IS now cheaper than oil.
    Perhaps this says just how LOW wheat prices really are.
    Facts are facts and if we can find a better price elsewhere, I think we should go for it full speed.

What do you think?

Regards Ian

Comment

Ian, I disagree with your statement, " I do not realy see wheat as a fuel for homes. "

In the very near future, small turbines will manufacture electricity from almost anything you want, ....natural gas, wheat, oils, etc. They are small enough to fit in the trunk of your car and will provide enough electricity for manufacturing plants. Farmers can be in an immensley beneficial position....using ethanol from grain for example. Every farm can have one. We just have to make sure the governments don't kill it the idea with taxation.
      What are your taxes like there ianben?
      Parsley

Comment

Hi Parsley

That is fine just, proves my point. I don't care who burns wheat just so long as we start to market it.

I was just trying to show the market is huge and green fuels can command a premium like milling wheat.

CWB must be in a better position to market this than you or me. We need all the salesmen we can get!!!!!

I understand you believe the present situation is unfair. It looks like there is room for improvement to me too.

But it will not happen today or tomorrow
        Wheat as fuel could be marketed NOW.

Could you support this WHILE you fight the CWB?

Would you like a small share of the profits announced by Shell etc???
        I sure would 0.000001% would be fine.

Regards Ian

Comment

Sorry I forgot to mention tax.
          From April 2001 U.K.businesses will be subject to a Climate Change Levy.
          A tax on fossil fuels to help meet our Kyoto comitments.
          It is estimated to INCREASE enery cost by 10-15%

So governments might help on this one.
          It depends on how it is marketed THE PR WOULD HAVE TO BE PERFECT.

Defenatly not a job for me!!!!!!!

In my experience governments support what they think will get them re-elected every time.

What is Canada doing about Kyoto comitments?

Regards again Ian.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...