• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Iraq War

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Iraq War

U.s has now been in iraq longer than it was in world war 2.With 655,000 dead iraqies you got to wonder,where does it all end?

And where did that number come from?

Comment

John Hopkins University
      Of course the bush administration is denies it.

Comment

And how did they arrive at that number?

Comment

My understanding is that they have boots on the ground that travel to households to do the survey.

I believe they are experts in the field and their numbers have been used in other past conflics around the world.

Have you not heard this number before?
          Are you a war lover?

Comment

You have an interesting way of debating/discussing things.

I am not a war "lover", but I cannot put any trust in those numbers based on the method for collecting them. Going from house to house and asking how many people they think have been killed in their community is questionable at best. Don't you think a better number would come from the hospitals or morgues in the country? Why didn't they ask them? Did they also ask how many deaths were the result of civic violence or are they all from U.S. bombings? Did they ask how many were lost to Saddam in the years before the war?

Why do you suppose that this huge number that you quote, has never been duplicated by any other source? Even the UN?

Are you a U.N. lover? Are you an American hater?

How about you keep telling us how much higher wheat is going to go instead of anti war numbers.

Comment

There it is.I knew you were trying to pick a fight.
              For your information John Hopkins reputation doesnt need me to defend it.I'll assume your ignorant and have never heard of the institution.
              I know its hard for a war monger to except these numbers but there they are.
              As far as the way they do the survey i'm sorry it doesn't fit your vastly superior knowledge on the subject.
              And i dont hate anything-it is against my religion.
              Is it not my right to critize this war?
              I think most americans have had enough.

Your like the people who really thought vietnam was a good idea,it took them 30 years to get their heads out of their buts and see it was a mistake.

Comment

You can criticize anything you want Cotton, as you often do.

However, I am not going to let what you posted on here to go uncontested. The numbers and the way they were arrived at are flawed. If you think that it is a good way to conduct a study then good for you.

I'm pretty sure that doesn't make me "ignorant". I guess I like to think that I will question pretty much everything I hear or read. If that is the start of a fight then you have some thin skin.

Comment

I usually agree with you CP, but this time I don't really know where you are going with this.

Pro War or Anti War, this is not the forum to discuss it.

For the record, I am a supporter of the war. Have mistakes been made? Yes. In all conflicts there will always be regrets. Unfortunatly it will not know if we have done the right thing for years to come, when we can look at this objectively without the leftwing Canadian media and right wing American media pulling us in different directions.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...