• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Interprovincial trade

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Interprovincial trade

If anyone out there could point me in the right direction what is the CWB's stance and how does it defend restrictions on Interprovincial trade can someone from BC truck a load of Barley East across the mountains and sell into the CWB, or south into Seatle
    Refering to Saskfarmers cash price on Barley is it $5.27 into Bigger that the maltsters would be paying? What other commodities are restricted interprovincially I know calves can go into Ontario, Alberta Live but the processor has to be federally regulated to go to all provinces or out of Canada.
    I guess I could figure that the CWB does get a premium within the designated area, all the time realizing that this premium is only the cost of substition plus freight in. And that we have lost many value added jobs.
    Thanks for the opportunity to ramble

Just_wondering,

I have never heard of anyone wanting CWB marketing services... from outside the "Designated Area".

As the CWB always pays less... from every indication I have ever seen.

Creston B.C. before the growers there were taken out of the "designated area" in 1998 were issued no-cost export licenses. The normal premium they acheived was about $1.50/bu. They had CWB permit books, were given special exempt status from CWB quota restrictions.

They also had an Alberta Wheat Pool elevator... until shipments to Idaho closed it down. I suppose they also could have done producer car shipments to the CWB had they wanted to do the extra work... their freight to Vancouver was the cheapest in the "designated area"

It is hard to deny the facts... the Creston wheat growers proved that the CWB without exception... year after year... returned less than the.... grain merchants in Idaho!

Go figure... how was that possible?

Comment

I guess what really gets me is that we have ministers and staff flying all over the world probably have spent a Billion $ in the last 10 years, What has it been Uraguay, Doha with meetings in mexico , Hong Kong, a bunch in Geneva and I don't know how many I missed and what has been acomplished.
      We as a nation cannot even agree to let wheat flow inter-provincially
      (and now for the obligitory CWB kick) its very similar with trade neotiators Here is their story.
      Its a big bad scary world out there and if you let anybody but the Govt do anything the multi-nationals will get you, and every farmer in the world is told by their Govt "you are the best prodcers in the world producing the safest most nutritious food that everybody needs and its the Dam yanks or EU that are holding up everything.
      Its like anything involving Lawyers as long as we are fighting each other their meter still ticks
      Thanks.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
      • Return to Topic List
      Working...