• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB and Export Manufactured Feed Agreement

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

The Big Companies have the $$$ to go to the Nafta Panel and scream that the CWB is restricting trade. That is why we have the EMFA. That is why the CWB made the deal quietly so all those "dumb Designated Area producers" wouldn't find out that the big companies are buying up feed wheat and barley and exporting it. With NO buyback. The CWB doesn't bother marketing all that feed wheat and barley any longer because they have a NAFTA noose.

As well, for all you lucky DA farmers out there.....YOU are paying for the cost of someone in the CWB to fill out those licenses, to renew them, to file them, to copy them, to audit them. The money comes right out of your pool account, even though the CWB Act says it cannot. You DA's are denied the export license every time, but you get to pay for the licensing costs for the companies that are granted the license.

You'll love the way this system works, Rockpile. It comes straight out of the pooling accounts and you will be so pleased that a ' greedy farmer' is not cherry picking....of course, you won't mind the big corporations cherry picking, because the CWB has directed you to understand that this is 'supporting value-adding'. And your share of the pool might pay for, if you're lucky, a case of beer once a year.

Parsley

Comment

Well we had an interesting meeting in Red Deer last night!

Earl Geddes emphatically denies that the EMFA has anything to do with NAFTA of the US Canada Free Trade Agreement!

That means that these sweetheart deals have been going on for over 14 years!

I expressed my disapointment that the CWB would think that this EMFA was just fine because it has been going on for a reeeeaaaaalllly long time.

Shouldn't I feel like a mushroom?

Comment

Tom $CWB, Did Earl Geddes explain why there is no informational material on the CWB website about the EMFA? (When it started? The rules? )

Did Earl Geddes give you a rundown on all these feed mills ( that are doing all this value-adding that thalpenny talks about) how much grain goes through them, location, average cost/bu paid to the farmer?

Did Earl Geddes explain why farmers that asked the CWB for a copy of the EMFA were not provided with one?

Did Earl Geddes address the fact that the administrative costs of providing export licenses to feed mills are all passed down to the producer by slipperying the money out of his pool account?

Did Earl Geddes tell you that every feed company that applies for a export license gets one, and every DA farmer is refused?

By the way, did Earl Geddes tell you he works for farmers?

Parsley

Comment

Parsley,

You sure did ask many hard questions there!

I know one answer for sure, yes to the last one, I think he is in charge of relations with us!

I hope all this sinks in just a little, maybe the CWB would put farmers ahead of themselves and their control of elevator companies for once!

The fact is that controling people and institutions is very addictive, and a really hard habit to kick!

What do you think?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...