• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

News Item

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Parsley;

Right.

Comment

Vader,
      I am eagerly awaiting your facts.

Parsley

Comment

parsley, I would suppose the reason there is no NAFTA challenge as you would have us believe on the basis of some prohibition is that there is no prohibition. There is a procedure whereby wheat and barley can be exported be the acquisition of a licence. You can have that licence as soon as you buy the wheat from the CWB. To do otherwise would interefere with CWB marketing.

Comment

Vader,

One of the fundamentals of Canadian law is equality; whereas NAFTA is based on preferential treatment.

The CWB differentiates between "board" grain and "non-board" grain, but hopes when the Americans scrutininize NAFTA , they won't notice notice the difference.

CWB policy does not allow "non-board" wheat/barley (grown in the designated area) for human consumption, to exist as a good of trade and commerce in Canada.

Only "board" grain is in the stream of trade and commerce in Canada, and it can also be exported. So no contravention of NAFTA.

Not so however, with farm milled flour and feed wheat and barley, which are both allowed in the stream of trade and commerce as "non-board" goods. But CWB policy does not allow these "non-board" goods to be exported.

I suggest to you that it is dangerous to look at the lack of a challenge by the Americans as proof that there is no NAFTA violation. Once they decide to take issue with how Board versus non-Board works, livestock people should be very nervous because it's their industry that is on the line.

Parsley

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...