• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

reminds me of why I left

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

There is no reasoning for the cwb's actions this is criminally negligent behaviour.

& ya young farmers are moving away from the board in droves. It's called voting with your drill!

I actually was thinking of planting some six row malt next year (feeding it to my cattle if not accepted for malt)but after reading this I think I'll just stick to a smooth awn six row variety. I refuse to deal with people who have bad reputations.

When you get screwed once shame on you! When you get screwed twice shame on me!

Free Wheat in the West!

Comment

Allfarmer;

The opportunity for the CWB to risk manage and extract a premium was as practical and opportune this year as ever before with corn close to $3.00/bu.US

Practically zero risk in this cross hedge this year... as feed wheat or barley could have been delivered with a little innovation. Or even cross hedge Malt with that part of the industry!

WHen will "designated area" wheat and barley" producers understand that the CWB is not here to maximise returns... but to simply market "in an orderly manner"...

which is liberal double speak for as low a price as possible and still get away with it!

Why do you think liberals instituted such low initials!

Grain shipping... valued added... food producers... livestock producers... the benefit is massive to CSL... CNR... CPR... COnagra... ADM... this list is endless down to every last Canadian sitting at the Dinner table!

Comment

ALLFARMER,

There is no harm in asking the CWB to send you a contract for your projected 2006 barley.

When you receive it, make the additions. Should reflect what you need to make your payments and commitments. Hand write them in.

ie:

"The CWB must take delivery of all grain dedicated to this contract BEFORE November 2, 2006 or this contract becomes invalid"

Initial it.

Make deletions, too. Just strike out what you don't like.

Initial them.

Initial each page in the right hand corner Page 1/3, page 2/3, page 3/3 etc.

Run off your copy and keep it.

Whip it back to the CWB. The worst they can do is reject it. And you will still have your backup marketing plan.

I believe some of Vader's comments represent CWB attitudes, which translated means:

Farmers will grow what the CWB tells you to grow, when the CWB tell you to grow it, and how much you will grow, and you will be satisfied with our compensation. End of discussion.

And the Vaders of the world also convey the message that he would be more than willing to promote limiting the supply of barley, in which case a lot of farmers like yourself, wouldn't be allowed to produce barley/poultry/milk etc.

Parsley

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...