• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CWB vs WTO

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great Discussion!

The CWB must be delinked from government guarantees, government appointed directors, and it must be privatized in a fashion similar to the Australian Wheat Board.

Only then will Canadian Farmers be able to buy into the concept that it is "their" wheat board and that they control it for their own benefit.

When farmers believe that they own, operate and control the CWB then the whole concept of a "monopoly" if it exists at all would be a monopoly for the benefit of the farmers who control it.

I know that the dyed-in-the-wool dual marketers will still gripe about their "rights" and "freedom". That is the price we pay for living in a democratic society. We all agree to abide by majority rule and we all have the right to free speech and protest.

Comment

POST: I typed in 'value added industries/prairies' in google, it came back, for who? I answered, farmers. It said see Mirage;...an illusion in which atmospheric refraction by a layer of hot air distorts or inverts reflections of distant objects.
      Am I asking the wrong people or the wrong questiion.

Comment

This is what i got for Mirage (could also be cornfused with some broker's cement pond in the Peg):

Set amidst lush foliage, towering waterfalls and sparkling lagoons, The Mirage is a South Seas oasis, offering the serenity of the tropics and the excitement of Las Vegas. A fiery volcano welcomes you to this AAA-Four Diamond resort featuring 2,763 deluxe rooms and 281 luxuriously appointed suites.

Elegant surroundings, attention to detail and dedicated employees create a memorable experience whether your stay is for business or pleasure, or a little of both. Fine dining, legendary entertainment, exquisite meeting facilities and the unique jungle sanctuary for Siegfried and Roy's rare exotic animals complement the amenities of a luxurious Spa and Salon, dramatic lagoon pool, full service business center, and eclectic array of designer shops.

Comment

Nito Incog; mine was tongue in cheek, yours is what? maybe tongue in groove? laughing oout looud
          My point is buy city realestate, it will be the only value added for producers. IMHO

Comment

Vader I agree in total with what you say. But for everyone that realizes in the organization,(CWB) there are some who remember the power of the SWP (back before steer-age ) and the NFU when they had half of the membership they boasted, and they are afraid of a silent majority. They aren't there, I went to the auction and I saw them later in the mall. Except now their grinning. Let's get on with it already.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...