• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Winter narrows Alberta Basis levels.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Winter narrows Alberta Basis levels.

CHarlie;

I see now that some estimates are that 15% of Canola is left out in the feild... and we cash sold Canola yesterday on the offered $20/t basis.

Even the feed barley basis is narrowing significantly...

Tom what are you hearing on barley basis?

Comment

tom, was that $20 under basis including the trucking incentive or before the incentive?

And, give us a hint, where was that basis?

Comment

Lee;

Normally Line companies do not pay trucking on export Canola, as far as I am aware. $28-32/t under Nov. was the average basis last week, that I saw. $18/t basis was considered good, for most of this growing season in our area.

Comment

You're right about line companies and no trucking incentives. I didn't know who the buyer was and you didn't say in your post.

Last weekend I drove from Brooks to Edmonton, then to Iron River up by Cold Lake. Saw lots of canola out. Wonder if most of it was the Nexera type where the poor producer was waiting for it to cure?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...