• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola the other sister is dropping faster than liberals popularity.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola the other sister is dropping faster than liberals popularity.

Can't figure it out soy up again and canola down hard. Yes it's nov and we're turning a new page but this is insane.

Add in spoilage and lost acres and I'm saying yields weren't what they think.

WTF is going on did Trudeau do something again and we're all paying.

At this rate it was smart to seed more wheat than canola I'll make great money on wheat this year.

Confused don't get it.

Why is canola tanking.

Crushers are going to buy from other companies instead of farmers for supply.

So who is causing the drop?

Dunno.
    Told crush still profitable.
    Beans down. No one needs to pay more.

Comment

wars all over the place and nothing but down.

Countries will let there people starve if it gets them to get in line and fight.

Comment

It's the usual picking of the low hanging fruit first. Wouldn't expect canola to reach its highs until after input bills are due in Feb and March. Until then, farmers need to sell.

Comment

They say near zero export business so crushers have no need to bid up locals to get canola .
          Current prices well below $15 and yields in the low 30's or below is not a good situation
          A few areas were fortunate with bigger yields so numbers not terrible for those with 45-50 bpa
          Wheat at times $1 / bus higher than early harvest but canola down $2-3 / bus in same time frame .
          Hard to figure anything now with more major conflicts that could escalate into wider wars any day it seems .
          Should be volatile but seems steady pressure down , especially canola

Comment

Think some countries are spending more on bullets and letting there people eats a little lower quality products.

Comment

Another reason we don't grow it. Soybeans are a much larger and more dependable market.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                Another reason we don't grow it. Soybeans are a much larger and more dependable market.
                How does the Canadian price of soybeans compared to canola right now?

Comment

$0.30 spread between the two today and our soybean loads for this week canceled cause train was a no show. Land taxes and crop ins bill due today still showed up on time thou

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
                    $0.30 spread between the two today and our soybean loads for this week canceled cause train was a no show. Land taxes and crop ins bill due today still showed up on time thou
                    Comparing cost of production and risk, canola should have a larger premium.

Comment

There was some kind of disease in my neighbors canola.
                      They sprayed about 250 acres of 20 year old pasture then seeded straight into it around june 1-5.
                      It germinated and tried its best to be a crop. I noticed at swathing time after the headlands done, the red swather turned snow white. It was a strange look.
                      They quit swathing and left a couple fields standing. I did not see the end result.
                      Some guys were saying it was the ash from the summer forest fires?
                      Im pretty sure it was disease.
                      Maybe crop insurance will pay better than the market this year.

Comment

Shout out to Wheatking ( Trent Klarenbach) His marketing analysis service called this canola market very accurately.
                        Even though I told him that this type of bad news was a poor way to sell a newsletter to farmers, since we only want to pay for someone to tell us what we want to hear, not the profitable truth.

Comment

Originally posted by SmallTimeOperator View Post
                          It's the usual picking of the low hanging fruit first. Wouldn't expect canola to reach its highs until after input bills are due in Feb and March. Until then, farmers need to sell.
                          - For the Main Event -

Crop Insurance Cheques vs Mr. Bill Pile

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
                            .30 premium for canola I assume?

What are the grading factors for soybeans? No such thing as green seed I assume. Just dockage, and moisture?

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                              .30 premium for canola I assume?

What are the grading factors for soybeans? No such thing as green seed I assume. Just dockage, and moisture?
                              Green is considered as Immature and are compared to the standard and green cotyledons are assessed under Total Damage.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...