• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Need help with contract.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What variety?

Comment

definitly sounds like the the elevator grading room missed it. I would think they should be on the hook for it since that should have been caught on the driveway.

Originally posted by goalieguy847 View Post
      So heres the issue. All load tickets were well in spec for every malt spec. Every load ticket is graded malt. We were not shut down hauling and grades were agreed upon load by load.
      After the grain was put into a bin 2 representative samples came back that were more than double the Chitted level of even our worst load.
      The final composite germ.sample.is still malt and good germ.
      So, 16 load tickets with graded malt, every spec graded top notch.
      No problem right?

2.5 weeks later im told the entire bin is chitted out and now it will be feed barley.
      Nope. Not happening.

Malt barley is not under cgc review program as chit AND falling number are not grading factors recognized by the cgc.
      Chit specifically is a visual test ( which was done on every individual load i had and chit doesnt change in a bin, and especially not over 2 weeks.

The games afoot. 3 elevator managers, a farmer/ lawyer, AND the grain commission have all agreed that the company is in breach and i am entitled to what is on the ticket.
      This is visual and chit is nothing more than a representation of how the barley may germ. It does not.specifically affect germ.

If they were to send samples away to a 3rd party then they would be taking issue with their OWN GRADING room as chit is checked Load by load. Final germ can change, certainly, but chit doesnt go from under 3 % across 16 super b loads to nearly 20% after its in a bin.

Know your shit guys. Commission is looking into this. Will keep you posted.
      As well, they cannot legally offer you a price without the final grading ( which they havent provided, but they have offered me a price).

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
        Sounds like the grain buyer is a CROOK !

If they don't pay what you want demand the Grain back !
        I see you deleted the post telling me to be civil ????
        Last edited by Guest; Oct 30, 2023, 19:19.

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
          I see you deleted the post telling me to be civil ????
          Well after all said and done.. elevator backed off and admitted their mistake. Aka a grading issue. Still never provided a written proof of grading the barley at 17% chit, despite having offered me that poor price.

Had a friend farmer tell me i best keep this story quiet.. but why? Why wouldnt i want this story to be heard by all of you and all of us out here. So maybe someone else in this situation gets an idea how to hopefully deal with it.

I could care less if they never took any of my grain again. They get my grain. I dont GET to haul it there.... i think sometimes as farmers we forget whos the tail on the dog...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...