• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canola markets

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canola markets

Can someone here smarter than me expain the carnage in the canola market. Thanks in advance

China not buying

Comment

Wondering if our grain co don't want to export canola anymore there is way more money in crush margins. That why they want to keep the price low. As always follow the money,

Comment

Farmers keep hauling it in so buyers don't have to offer more. Everybody is busy chasing the market down.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
          Farmers keep hauling it in so buyers don't have to offer more. Everybody is busy chasing the market down.
          And eventually, the opposite will be true.

Comment

Not much for canola exports and soybeans being crushed more for the meal is forcing soyoil down which directly affects the price of canola. Grain companies picking the low hanging fruit now coupled with input loans coming due before the year end not helping manners. This chart pretty much tells the story. Hopefully we will see the bottom soon.
            Click image for larger version

Name:	AC46AD67-1004-4D3B-9B96-0F9C53612F2C.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	18.1 KB
ID:	775754

Comment

Looks like 3-year average for canola yields in Saskatchewan is 31.6 bushels pee acre.
              At $15 for bushel, how many acres does that buy next year? Especially considering how dry most areas went into the winter.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
                Looks like 3-year average for canola yields in Saskatchewan is 31.6 bushels pee acre.
                At $15 for bushel, how many acres does that buy next year? Especially considering how dry most areas went into the winter.
                I'm sure alot of either up or down in acres in the dry zones will depend on crop insurance coverage. But in talking to local retailers and farmers so far this fall, there isn't much interest in canola here for 2024 so far.

Comment

I would think crop insurance coverage levels will be down significantly and premiums won’t be pretty in areas where guys need it the most

Comment

Let’s hope the bloodletting doesn’t continue and we end up in the “trough of disillusionment” some time around late summer when storage for the 24 crop starts to become an itch needing the scratch.
                    Last edited by workboots; Oct 26, 2023, 18:38.

Comment

But,but I keep getting text's saying limited canola seed varieties order now so not to come up short and get extra flee beetle control only an extra 8$ an acre ! Sunflower market taking a beating too with locals having good yields . I guess those guys combining over land mines must still be getting a good crop off in the war zone makes my troubles look pretty small.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                        Not much for canola exports and soybeans being crushed more for the meal is forcing soyoil down which directly affects the price of canola. Grain companies picking the low hanging fruit now coupled with input loans coming due before the year end not helping manners. This chart pretty much tells the story. Hopefully we will see the bottom soon.
                        [ATTACH]13403[/ATTACH]
                        Smaller outfits still offering $16.30 soybeans Jan delivery.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...