• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Finally!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally!

https://www.ktalnews.com/news/politics/gov-sarah-huckabee-sanders-attorney-general-griffin-act-to-force-chinese-seed-company-to-divest-arkansas-land-holdings-issues-fine/

can someone please make this link clickable

Comment

Originally posted by GOODRUM View Post
      https://www.ktalnews.com/news/politics/gov-sarah-huckabee-sanders-attorney-general-griffin-act-to-force-chinese-seed-company-to-divest-arkansas-land-holdings-issues-fine/
      That could never happen in Canada for many years. Harper closed that door and gave China running rights in Canada for many many years.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
        That could never happen in Canada for many years. Harper closed that door and gave China running rights in Canada for many many years.
        Farmland ownership is provincial jurisdiction. Saskatchewan has supposedly restricted ownership to Canadian citizens only. Supposedly.

Other provinces are different.

Comment

Originally posted by LEP View Post
          Farmland ownership is provincial jurisdiction. Saskatchewan has supposedly restricted ownership to Canadian citizens only. Supposedly.

Other provinces are different.
          Canadian citizens like Monettes?

Comment

Comment

In Alberta foreign entities are limited to owning 20 acres. Must have either canadian citizenship or canadian resident status to own more land than that. But since canadian immigration is such a sham, there are many 'dual' citizens that can buy as much as they want.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
                In Alberta foreign entities are limited to owning 20 acres. Must have either canadian citizenship or canadian resident status to own more land than that. But since canadian immigration is such a sham, there are many 'dual' citizens that can buy as much as they want.
                What about Corporate ownership. Seems they can have or get what ever they want.

Comment

What about Corporate ownership. Seems they can have or get what ever they want.
                  Foreign corporations are limited tot the 20 acres. If they have a canadian subsidiary then I suppose they can buy as much as they wanted. Syngenta has lots of plots at the Alberta Innovates site here at Vegreville but they don't own there own research land as far as I know.

Comment

I was thinking more on the Grain side Cargil, G3, Viterra etc. They not only own land but control our grain industry and even our ports. All foreign owned but Canadian companies (kinda).

Comment

I was thinking more on the Grain side Cargil, G3, Viterra etc. They not only own land but control our grain industry and even our ports. All foreign owned but Canadian companies (kinda).
                      Patterson, P and H, Richardsons, Providence, Great Northern Grain…. Even G3 is Canadian run…

Blessings and Wisdom! Wonderful choices… more than I ever expected!!! Bunge are very decent to deal with… Now Viterra is no longer Glencore… we are very blessed!!!

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                        Patterson, P and H, Richardsons, Providence, Great Northern Grain…. Even G3 is Canadian run…

Blessings and Wisdom! Wonderful choices… more than I ever expected!!! Bunge are very decent to deal with… Now Viterra is no longer Glencore… we are very blessed!!!
                        No mention anywhere of what any company is like to deal with. This is about foreign ownership of land.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                        • Return to Topic List
                        Working...