• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Case combine questions

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Case combine questions

While it's still fresh in everyone's mind.
    DEF deletes. Which one?
    Jobber concaves? Pros and cons?

Sell them and buy a class or Deere.

Comment

MADD concaves , nothing like it
      They will even make a JD do a good job , just ask SF3

Comment

They do work

Comment

Yes MADS are worth every cent , can even improve the best proven twin design like a NH .. 😁
          As far as Def delete, not sure on the exact one for case , but again worth every penny on any machine , as long as you don’t try to push HP too much . That never ends up favourable to any engine unless it’s big Cubic inch and older school
          JMO …

Seen a lot of Def deleted chipped 12.9 Ivecos in service bays for total rebuild … dyodd there.

Comment

A little chaff in the sample helps lower the price of pellets.
            By next summer higher end cuts of beef will be a distant memory for a lot of people.

Comment

Installed full Sunnybrook concaves, very impressed in wheat. Canola still same loss, barley stubble well it's always GREEN.
              Same after Case.

Comment

In response to Saskfarmers assertion about a Claas, neighbours ran a 760 Lexion. One is a red seal mechanic. Fantastic in wheat. A true sob if you plug it in canola. 8 hour clean out. In my Case if I plug it, I can unplug from the cab Also spent a lot on maintenance.

As for Case concaves. We have 2 combines. Bought a set of used Sunnybrooks for one, bought the second one a year later and put new Sunnybrooks in it. Slight differences between the two. Work well but are heavy. I put MAD slotted in module 1 and .375 MAD in module 2. Definitely reduced rotor loss over Sunnybrooks in canola. My son put MAD finger grates in module 1 in canola, was an improvement over module 1 Sunnybrook.

As for delete, we use Riemer tuning, very happy with their work.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                  In response to Saskfarmers assertion about a Claas, neighbours ran a 760 Lexion. One is a red seal mechanic. Fantastic in wheat. A true sob if you plug it in canola. 8 hour clean out. In my Case if I plug it, I can unplug from the cab Also spent a lot on maintenance.

As for Case concaves. We have 2 combines. Bought a set of used Sunnybrooks for one, bought the second one a year later and put new Sunnybrooks in it. Slight differences between the two. Work well but are heavy. I put MAD slotted in module 1 and .375 MAD in module 2. Definitely reduced rotor loss over Sunnybrooks in canola. My son put MAD finger grates in module 1 in canola, was an improvement over module 1 Sunnybrook.

As for delete, we use Riemer tuning, very happy with their work.
                  Riemer over fuels…..There are better tunes than what he sells.

Comment

Farmers that tried Madd, ended up just MAD, tossed them, around Kelvington.

How is Sunny Brook heavy? All half sized. 6 instead of 3 JD. THOSE are heavy.

Plus never need to change between crops.
                    Last edited by fjlip; Oct 14, 2023, 20:48.

Comment

Originally posted by fjlip View Post
                      Farmers that tried Madd, ended up just MAD, tossed them, around Kelvington.

How is Sunny Brook heavy? All half sized. 6 instead of 3 JD. THOSE are heavy.

Plus never need to change between crops.
                      Not half sized on the Case ih. Sunnybrook modules would weigh 1.5 times as much as standard small wire modules. True the Sunnybrook are designed to work for all crops.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                        While it's still fresh in everyone's mind.
                        DEF deletes. Which one?
                        Jobber concaves? Pros and cons?

See the concave adjuster bar at the top. I find especially in canola, bits of stem then chaff can build up on top of it quickly depending on conditions, so much so that it can cover a significant part of the separation area over top the rotor cage. Pays to check often because sometimes this is the cause of substandard sample and /or monitor readings messing with your mind. When it seems no matter how you adjust concave clearance, wind, sieves, speed, and things don't seem quite right, it's probably because of the above.
                        Tabarnak, hostie, câlice.
                        Sorry, too much wine.
                        Last edited by Guest; Oct 15, 2023, 00:17.

Comment

Originally posted by Bin Lurking View Post

See the concave adjuster bar at the top. I find especially in canola, bits of stem then chaff can build up on top of it quickly depending on conditions, so much so that it can cover a significant part of the separation area over top the rotor cage. Pays to check often because sometimes this is the cause of substandard sample and /or monitor readings messing with your mind. When it seems no matter how you adjust concave clearance, wind, sieves, speed, and things don't seem quite right, it's probably because of the above.
                          Tabarnak, hostie, câlice.
                          Sorry, too much wine.
                          The holes in the rotor cage above module 2 should have a cover over them the same as is over the holes above module 1. That is what is recommended for small grains I believe. My 8230 came set up that way, my 8120 did not and I purchased the covers from Case ih.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                            The holes in the rotor cage above module 2 should have a cover over them the same as is over the holes above module 1. That is what is recommended for small grains I believe. My 8230 came set up that way, my 8120 did not and I purchased the covers from Case ih.
                            Same with us

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...