• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday!

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by helmach View Post
    this is totally out of the box thinking and takes a diffrent mideset to approach, it is not the status quo and is not desined to add 1 or 2 more bu. that kind of thinking is what is holding us back from fixing our root problems whatever it may be soil related... and dysfunctional soils i assure you cost you much more money then you will ever relize but isntead we throw more inputs at the problem to mask it.

What if there is another way? Time to start asking diffrent questions? You mention base nutrients well how do you think red woods grow 300 ft tall? If you analyzed the nutrients required to grow those trees it would be simply staggering no? 300 ft worth of nitrogen phos zinc manganese, how do they do it and all without synthetic fertilzer??? That soil I do believe is nothing all that special. this is but one example out of many in nature where you see unbelievable sustained growth. What is going on there that isn't happening in our feilds? The answer I keep coming back to is life. We have dead inactive soils. Fungi and bacteria are in a toxic environment that does not suatain growth or life. it's no wonder the only thing that responds to crops yr to yr is synthetic fert... its the only thing you do have working in the soils.

this is a lifelong fix that is not for everyone, Im still learning everyday and implementing new ideas constantly but it is a beautiful journey and one that nature has already shown us the answers to our problems imo of course!
    If I was a younger feller ,i would be all over this

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
      Canola is testing 11.4
      Let er rip
      Giver shit

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
        Everyone knows the benefit on innoculating peas/lentils with one strain of bacteria. So why not use a balanced bacteria fungi ratio compost that has thousands of bacteria and fungi strains. The cost is less than granular pea/lentil innoculant.
        the cost is penny's or simply your time if you can maintain your own su Johnson bio reactor. but hey we aren't making K+S YARA Potash Corp BASF and Bayer there quarterly returns. I truly believe we have all been played, its just another lie that we simply regurgitate what they tell us.
        Last edited by helmach; Oct 8, 2023, 00:22.

Comment

Entangled Life by Merlin Sheldrake is a book about how incredibly complex a soil ecosystem is. I think saying plants farming microbes is a start but very simplistic. There are millions of symbiotic relationships in an ecosystem. These relationships have to be understood and utilized to produce healthy plants (or animals).
          Last edited by jensend; Oct 8, 2023, 07:16.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
            Yes it is !

Looks like you've been reporting on the production declaration over 60 bu an acre when your not claiming !
            Is there a question here ?

Comment

The north can grow 50 to 60 canola on most years the SW and W can have a good canola crop maybe 3 out of 10 with 3 total wrecks.

That’s reality.

The east can have floods

Comment

We finished combining on Friday. Then on Saturday we moved cows home from one pasture. We have had some fall moisture but pastures just didn’t get enough rain this year. Now on to harrowing and corral cleaning and repair. Never a dull moment. If the weather holds combining will be finished for everyone in my area this week. Yields in my immediate area were above average in all crops but all you have to do is go 10-12 miles south and yields are just average, funny year.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_4656.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	15.0 KB
ID:	775699
                  Been quite a run since April 30

Comment

If FF days are the norm, there will be guys renting another 5000 acres and combine until xmas.

Comment

Might have desiccated the clover here last night.

Can be a much more thorough job than reglone. Cleans up any misses and sow thistle.

Comment

Short NH3 for fall.
                        Something about plant shutdown. Nutrien shoving to us.

Comment

Of course
                          We’re about half done
                          Independent ok here for supply

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                            Who is applying nh3 ??

A few fields harrowed and I see you mowed your kochia !
                            A few neighbours

Haven’t had to mow that little 50 ft kochia patch in over a month.
                            Others in area are burning , piling and dealing with small kochia patches. Most will apply Fierce once areas cleaned up when temps cool off .
                            How do you deal with Kochia patches in the palliser triangle where you stated your from ?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...