• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Well we did it !

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Well we did it !

5 full months without frost
    Small chance next Friday
    You should see the “green” cover crops in this area
    The tree huggers would be proud!
    We sure are losing moisture and nutrients tho

Well unless you plan on removing the second growth from the field you aren't losing any nutrients and you are not going to grow the 24 crop on the little bit of moisture that the second growth is using.

Comment

You’re probably right
      That podded out 2nd growth canola sure will catch snow

Comment

Moose gotta eat too!! Had a moose roast roast with the neighbours so don’t worry about second growth. It froze here a couple few weeks ago and buggered standing canola. Straight cut canola reports with 6% green and no chance it leaving. Only unharvested now are late bloomers and standing canola.

Comment

It was a very nice September for sure. Not much second growth here. Low stops that drowned out had a wide assortment of weed growing that have been sprayed.
          Sure enjoying lots of vine ripened tomato's, Water melon's, Cantaloup and Honeydew melon's.
          Corn on the cob lasted almost a mounts with the help staggered seeding dates.

Comment

Gonna miss those tomato’s soon

Comment

Originally posted by Misterjade9 View Post
              Well unless you plan on removing the second growth from the field you aren't losing any nutrients and you are not going to grow the 24 crop on the little bit of moisture that the second growth is using.
              Not too many green fields here, one particular grass green lentil field where owner never takes care of the grasshoppers, now the Re growth. If he’d cut it and bale it, he would have some awesome bales. I would bet my last dollar, he’ll harvest zippo on that nice quarter this year.

Comment

Our hailed soybeans are still going!

July 1 they got their top growth and flowers stripped off…

They are still trying to fill! An extended growing season would be great! 65% done…

My daughter took this harvest picture…what amazing beauty!

Blessings and Safe Harvest

Comment

Haliluia; Mini wheat is regaining Fridays losses on the night trade!

Comment

Welcome back mini wheat!

Comment

Originally posted by LQQKY View Post
                      Welcome back mini wheat!
                      Let’s hope so , it’s embarrassingly low for all the production problems world wide and to be honest not a great crop in North America either

Comment

Moisture in northern half of Saskatchewan- I heard 1.25 inches in Saskatoon gauge, way to go!
                        Last edited by sumdumguy; Oct 2, 2023, 09:09.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                          Moisture in northern half of Saskatchewan- I heard 1.25 inches in Saskatoon gauge, way to go!
                          We had 1.2 inches at Lancer in SW sask. 7/10 to 1.6" is range i have heard in West central. Great for fall application of herbicides as it will close up the cracks.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...