• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on Thursday.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on Thursday.

Good morning on this wet end of September morning. Rainfall so far this month was minimal, but the system overnight added 1/4 to 1/2 in North of town. This will delay harvest for a bit,

Isn't it fun watching Trudeau and Team Barbie implode?

Good harvest weather last week, and a few are approaching the finish line in our area.

We're at 25% left; provincially, it will be 91%. And they will brag that everyone is done.

Crop Report.

Almost all the Hrs and Durum is harvested. Yields were decent to very decent—lots of straw bales.

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_1887.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.1 KB
ID:	780540

Flax is still out or just completed.

Peas and lentils are all done.

Name:	IMG_1436.jpg
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	780541

Canola harvest is on right now. Our area has good yields, but most aren't like last year, and some are way lower. I think the grain buyers are playing games as this crop is better than earlier, but they are not buy much Canada-wide.

Name:	IMG_1915.jpg
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	780542

Green feed is getting baled and cows are getting moved and sold. Prices are good. Pastures and water are good.

So basically our area is the last days of finishing up and then field work will happen.

Prices are crashing as harvest pressure to drive prices down escalates. Crushers are saying no one wants our grain but well take it and crush it for massive profits.

Have a great week and stay safe its only a crop they are working overtime to take, even if it's small.

Name:	IMG_1945.jpg
Size:	18.7 KB
ID:	780543

Harvest delay I would think.

Name:	IMG_0296.jpg
Size:	8.5 KB
ID:	775657

Comment

It’s actually raining here , feels good
      Might be able to juice yet

Comment

Sounds like the combines are running well? Had few minor issues with ours and couple issues that are still unresolved. Software related. Otherwise I am happy with it. Too bad I can’t get into a 2024 which has all the updates, but the difference is about 1/2 the cash price of this one. At one year of use it doesn’t pencil out.

Harvest has been done for 2 weeks to a month for most. Still odd one going.

Comment

Originally posted by Freightshaker View Post
          Sounds like the combines are running well? Had few minor issues with ours and couple issues that are still unresolved. Software related. Otherwise I am happy with it. Too bad I can’t get into a 2024 which has all the updates, but the difference is about 1/2 the cash price of this one. At one year of use it doesn’t pencil out.

Harvest has been done for 2 weeks to a month for most. Still odd one going.
          Where do all the one year old X9s go?

It use to be a large farm would trade every year because their combines would be easy to move to smaller farmers at a reasonable price point.

Comment

Yea we might juice some this fall also

Comment

Did they design the x9 auger to intentionally look like a giant erect ****.

Met one of those bad boys on the grid with tandem. Had the 50ft flex and had I to take the neighbors field for it to get by me.

Comment

What kind of capacity do you have feeding that green canola in the last picture?

1/3 of heavy wheat?

Heavy stand. What variety?
                Last edited by shtferbrains; Sep 28, 2023, 08:07.

Comment

Just have canola left it is very slow at ripening. cereals all done around here with maybe 80 percent yield of normal.

Comment

From what Ive seen the wildlife is also very happy with the X9.

Comment

Locally most crop is off
                      Some field work happening, spraying, harrowing and some low areas being worked .
                      Will leave most stubble untouched , was huge difference in this years crop .
                      Way too dry and warm for NH3 here yet.
                      We will start streaming on some 28-0-0 with stabilizer when things cool off in a week or so .
                      Some rain in forecast but looks very minimal at this point .
                      Got a pro till coming today , will go do our pot holes and low areas to blacken up to help reduce spring frost issues . Also do small kochia areas then spray them with Fierce .
                      Have a tree mulched coming next week to do some willows .
                      If time permits will do some deep ripping again in hardpan areas .

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                        Yea we might juice some this fall also
                        Wow , that is green straw !

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                          From what Ive seen the wildlife is also very happy with the X9.
                          Don’t matter what colour here
                          All unssprayed cereal fields look like lawns

Comment

Only seeing lawns on X9'd barley stubble. Maybe thats normal for barley not sure ive never grown it.

Comment

Our x9 s are staying on the farm for another3 to 4 years. My interest rate locked in is stupid and we’ll keep them. Warranty for 2 more etc.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...