• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Canada's canola crush group monopoly? the walmart lowest price is the law?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Canada's canola crush group monopoly? the walmart lowest price is the law?

As more canola crush comes on line whats happening
    is less delivery opportunities at the terminals unless you
    take a major loss in price and even then no movement until
    the crush plant of the terminal wants it. Has this taken us out
    of the world raw canola market? As more crush occurs here
    less crush plants operating world wide meaning were being
    controlled by the domestic crush? In order to compete and
    gain market share our crush plants have to sell at the lowest
    price world wide? Some will reply the margin tells the story
    but it doesnt when world demand has been taken out
    of the equation for the raw product.

crush plants better for those near by but even then imo were
    being screwed out of higher price by the basic monopoly
    that we claimed we wanted.

Originally posted by the big wheel View Post
    As more canola crush comes on line whats happening
    is less delivery opportunities at the terminals unless you
    take a major loss in price and even then no movement until
    the crush plant of the terminal wants it. Has this taken us out
    of the world raw canola market? As more crush occurs here
    less crush plants operating world wide meaning were being
    controlled by the domestic crush? In order to compete and
    gain market share our crush plants have to sell at the lowest
    price world wide? Some will reply the margin tells the story
    but it doesnt when world demand has been taken out
    of the equation for the raw product.

crush plants better for those near by but even then imo were
    being screwed out of higher price by the basic monopoly
    that we claimed we wanted.
    Mmm hmmm..
    And now that viterra bought bunge how do we think this gets any better? Crush margins are at record highs... canola yields in western canada are very very low.... demand hasnt changed ( much) in canada...yet our local crush is offering -12 basis? What a joke.. should be +15 at minimum..
    Its a far cry better than the elevators though at -40....-35...etc.

" but china isnt buying
    . But china isnt buying.."

Get bent. We all know crush plants are going to be empty by february.

When will canola have a green day and not be in the red?

Comment

There are some canola crops out there that are very good in this area east of Edmonton. Mine surprised me to the upside and the straight cut canola that will start this week in this area is likely to be better yet unfortunately. Mine is all swathed and I am almost finished. Hauling off combine canola because bins are full and the truck can't go fast enough to beat a declining market. Having to deal with Viterra on canola as the basis is horrible at the other two elevators I normally deal with.

Comment

Originally posted by ajl View Post
        There are some canola crops out there that are very good in this area east of Edmonton. Mine surprised me to the upside and the straight cut canola that will start this week in this area is likely to be better yet unfortunately. Mine is all swathed and I am almost finished. Hauling off combine canola because bins are full and the truck can't go fast enough to beat a declining market. Having to deal with Viterra on canola as the basis is horrible at the other two elevators I normally deal with.
        Was up edmonton way a week ago. Said to the mrs, man alive there’s some heavy crops all the way from Lloyd on. Heavy and green…..No way I’d let them grenade in the bin. 60 bpa x $16 is still a win to me….

Comment

We will have to wait till March most likely
          30 bpa at $15 not real great
          Will let others sell into this soft market

Comment

Pretty sure Patterson grain and cargill crush plant in east central Alberta are working together. Patterson starts loading up on canola late spring and then towards the end of July and august the custom trucks that work for cargill start transferring to the crush .

Comment

Local Richardson elevator been sending canola to crushers for a while now . Trucks were busier that trains this summer heading south .

Comment

If I had enough storage and a full time trader working the spreads, I'd be buying and reselling canola too. As farmers we are simply small grain companies.
                It's not a crime, it's good business. To believe otherwise is detrimental to our own.
                Of course canola goes on truck to crush when profitable. Next week it's going on train to export. It's called arbitrage I believe. What would you change? Perhaps a CCB?
                If I don't like the basis I sell elsewhere.

Comment

Just re read my post , know where did I call it a crime, just was making a point , if farmers want to sell to Patterson they are more than welcome to , not sure why some do when you look at the dockage they take over the crush , maybe that’s changed though with the change in regulations of elevators having to use 0.028 screens for dockage not sure as I haven’t delivered to an elevator recently

Comment

We are lucky to have as much domestic crush as we do , at least there is viable options .
                    We all have witnessed how our current political climate can dramatically effect our overseas exports , and our prices

Comment

Canada does not have a monopoly on canola crushing, but it is one of the world's largest producers and exporters of canola oil and seeds. The canola industry in Canada is competitive, with several companies involved in canola crushing and processing. The Canadian government has regulations in place to promote competition and prevent monopolies in the https://cropflow.ai/agriculture-commodity-prices sector.

The phrase "walmart lowest price is the law" does not directly relate to Canada's canola industry. However, it may refer to Walmart's business model of offering low prices to attract customers, but it does not have a direct connection to the canola industry or its regulations in Canada.

Comment

Interesting reply in this thread. First post by a non human entity perhaps ?
                        Rest assured “there is no market manipulation”.

Comment

Originally posted by CropflowAI View Post
                          Canada does not have a monopoly on canola crushing, but it is one of the world's largest producers and exporters of canola oil and seeds. The canola industry in Canada is competitive, with several companies involved in canola crushing and processing. The Canadian government has regulations in place to promote competition and prevent monopolies in the https://cropflow.ai/agriculture-commodity-prices sector.

The phrase "walmart lowest price is the law" does not directly relate to Canada's canola industry. However, it may refer to Walmart's business model of offering low prices to attract customers, but it does not have a direct connection to the canola industry or its regulations in Canada.
                          When you sell a product such as canola oil or anything else whats the first thing
                          you do? obtain the cheapest inputs you can and gain market access for your product
                          how do you do that? offer lower price for your product and then of course since you have
                          all the power to offer lower prices for inputs would you not?

Tell us why terminals that are not always full are not accepting canola like they used to
                          continually? and why if they are the basis is nothing short of robbery or as is offerred you
                          can price 2 or 3 months ahead into a shitty price to assure delivery????

those guicelines can be used to wipe someones ass with. Because we re seeing
                          right now the screw job being passed down to us producers. 60% drought and
                          were at 15 dollars barely????

And to make it more human for you up your ass with that bullshit.

As you stated Canada is a large supplier as a whole therefore the actions
                          of our few grain companies would have much easier time to manipulate
                          the price world wide and certainly domestically as was stated with basis robbery
                          Last edited by the big wheel; Sep 29, 2023, 11:42.

Comment

Originally posted by CropflowAI View Post
                            Web scrаped filler.

Self promotion link.

Web scrаped filler.
                            Told by an over-hyped distraction, full of sound and fury. Signifying nothing.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                            • Return to Topic List
                            Working...