• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Thoughts on Durum

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thoughts on Durum

What are people's thoughts on durum market?

Can't see a downside, did Turkey announce stopping or allowing exports of durum over the weekend?

How is Australia's crop?

I am no expert but it seems when they need a train filled the price will move up, problem in this part is there may be a lot of light weight durum.
    Last edited by bucket; Sep 25, 2023, 07:12.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
      Can't see a downside, did Turkey announce stopping or allowing exports of durum over the weekend?

How is Australia's crop?
      Just for conversation, How does a country stop farmers from selling their crops to who ever they want? What if the export market is more than domestic? Can't imagine if our gov't told G3 or Viterra they couldn't export farmers would go, Well you know!

Comment

Thoughts are it could be $17 bucks, but not until April. Be stuck storing it. Or take $14 in November.

Russia, Ukraine and Turkey had decent crops and dumping it all.

Comment

The crooks are out in full force, nickel and dimeing us. Viterra put it up .25 last wk with the old “limited tonnage special”, and it won’t last long. I’m sure there were guys that jumped at that big threat.

Big after harvest bills will be coming due in the next few months, we will be forced to give our poor crops to the crooks at these pathetic prices.

Eventually it will go up after lots has been sold. I don’t believe for a second there was a 4.2 mmt crop of durum. At the end we will take what the crooks give us and as the turd would say “you will be happy”.

Comment

As our production numbers come down to what was actually produced it will be like we have exported an additional 500000 plus tonnes, prices should move accordingly.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
              Just for conversation, How does a country stop farmers from selling their crops to who ever they want?
              Well Canada for one - have you forgotten 75 years of Canadian Wheat Board?

Comment

Originally posted by oldjim View Post
                Well Canada for one - have you forgotten 75 years of Canadian Wheat Board?
                Are you saying they have marketing boards like our old CWB?

Comment

I sold a lot of my durum crop to Sask Crop Insurance in July, just waiting for the cheque.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
                    Just for conversation, How does a country stop farmers from selling their crops to who ever they want? What if the export market is more than domestic? Can't imagine if our gov't told G3 or Viterra they couldn't export farmers would go, Well you know!

Many countries control the flow of agriculture exports. Probably through export permits.

Russia, China, Turkey, Argentina. All the bastions of the free world

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...