• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

India & Canada.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

India & Canada.

I have not been to visit Agriville in years.

Amazed there is zero discussion about what happened in India to Canada at the G20.
    The potential damage to agriculture and trade should be the hottest topic on this chat.

Nice to see this letter defending trade.

https://www.theglobeandmail.com/canada/article-sask-premier-accuses-trudeau-of-risking-trade-with-india-hiding-status/

Luckily we have the plant food sector to offset some of the trade loss.
    We are looking for yellow peas: 12.00$/bu
    Green peas & dun peas.

Please Give me a call
    Vicki
    1 306 441 6699

Glad to hear from you Vickie. Yes this India issue should be the the top news story on every media channel. Have only heard the Sask Party making it an issue.A billion dollar trade for Sask alone at risk. The opposition could bury the liberals on this. Where are they ? ?

Comment

Originally posted by fcr View Post
      Glad to hear from you Vickie. Yes this India issue should be the the top news story on every media channel. Have only heard the Sask Party making it an issue.A billion dollar trade for Sask alone at risk. The opposition could bury the liberals on this. Where are they ? ?
      And

Where is the statement of at least one farm association on this? We have to ask what voice our levy dollars buy?

India is a major trading partner for agri commodities.

Here is news form the USA as reported in Weber Commodities newsletter this AM.

USA: India has agreed to reduce tariffs on some U.S. ag products including fresh, frozen, and dried blueberries and cranberries. Other benefits are for pulses, meat, and poultry, in a move that expands economic opportunities for US agricultural producers in the critical market. This news was well received by U.S. Agriculture Secretary Tom Vilsack, who notes, “The USDA and USTR (U.S. Trade Representative) have focused on rebuilding trust and strengthening relationships with our global trading partners, including India, and working through the World Trade Organization and other venues to ensure that those partners live up to their obligations so that U.S. agriculture has full and fair access to key export markets.” The announcement came right before President Biden’s participation in the G20 leaders’ summit in New Delhi (Sept. 9-10)

Comment

I guess I don't understand, we as a country can make all the relationships we want but we have left the end marketing up to mostly foreign owned grain companies. Maybe India doesn't want to deal with Saudi or USA on our crops.

Comment

Trudeau isn't a friend of the West he is a dancing idiot that needs to gp

Comment

Arrogance, ignorance, and incompetence…..Sums up Trudeau…..

Comment

Lets be honest here. Trudeau is a full on retard at every level, but India is no great trading partner.

The country is dirt poor and the govt stops buy Canadian product as soon as the price goes up 2c a pound.

India traders balk on contracts like its a day at the beach.

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                Lets be honest here. Trudeau is a full on retard at every level, but India is no great trading partner.

The country is dirt poor and the govt stops buy Canadian product as soon as the price goes up 2c a pound.

India traders balk on contracts like its a day at the beach.
                Probably more unreliable than china.

Comment

Trudeau bungling something up has become so normalized, it's akin to the news reporting on a flight that was on schedule and landed perfectly with no incidents.

Comment

Trudeau must have the press on continuous intravenous - nothing reported in Canada.

Comment

No China or India. No wonder pea prices are in the toilet. Someone should flush the “turd” down.

Thirteen yrs ago peas were $9 bu, today basically the same with higher inputs.

Sad, sad, sad.

Comment

Certainly, it is easy to blame the Liberal/NDP coalition for not even having a trade file.
                        And, clearly, by the letter from our province, they had not included the Province in the discussion.

Has there been a letter from our Agricultural Association to the PMO and the Minister of Agriculture, and Trade on behalf of Agricultural trade expressing the need to be represented in trade that affects our industry? Or we farmers & ag associations focused on production, yield, AI, and iron these days.

I have always been concerned about the political side of farming. This is a perfect example of having no one at the table. I doubt that is a good sign.

Who do we blame for that?

Comment

One theory.
                          Our forefathers and our geography.
                          Generations of feeding the cow and believing we were sharing the milk.
                          Ad today's general apathy for involvement.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                            One theory.
                            Our forefathers and our geography.
                            Generations of feeding the cow and believing we were sharing the milk.
                            Ad today's general apathy for involvement.
                            I agree. After many years of lobbying for most notably:
                            Short-term sales insurance versus the CGC bond. Note: Eastern Canada has.
                            Triple E Senate, goodness knows we need an effective bicameral Federal process.
                            Sales Reporting like USA has.
                            Carbon Credits
                            Beef
                            Freedom of Speech

Claim to fame is a minor role in the Wheat Board, and while on SPG getting protein for pea varieties listed in the Saskatchewan Variety guide, (Yes I have asked for FABAs too but not sure which representative will see this through), so I understand that apathy may be the smarter option.

Cork on the ocean is easier for sure. Some of us can say we tried.

Comment

I am more concerned about his latest plan to "control inflation"

Trudeau says the heads of large grocery stores need to come up with a plan to stabilize food prices:

"Let me be very clear: If their plan doesn't provide real relief ... then we will take further action and we are not ruling anything out, including tax measures."

I doubt this attempt at price controls ends at grocers. How long before primary producers are accused of excess profits contributing to inflation, and punished accordingly?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...