• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Pleasant city folk

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pleasant city folk

Well got the finger from some pleasant city folk because my semi wasn't going fast enough for their liking and they actually had to pass me as I am hauling grain to the yard. Hilarious what sets people off.

Round here you get the finger for going to fast and to slow. Can't win

Comment

Very rural here....EVERYBODY just waves, don't know some of them, but we are in a good spot.

I slow down, give room, all good. Swather combine truck cart drill...

Comment

They probably figure you were taking their food to Costco and Walmart.

Cityits

Comment

I just smile.....wave and feel sorry for the clown because he has to go to an 8-5 job tomorrow.

Comment

Everyone around here seems very polite. We make some big slow moves and haven’t had a problem - yet

Comment

I live 2 miles from a pheasant release site so last week all the big city bird hunting guys started showing up. The bridge on the highway is shut to build a new one so I have to detour through pheasant land to get to work.

Absolutely none of them wave. Some drive sooooo slow road hunting. Others drive super fast they don't care who's around. Some hog the road. Some have ginormous campers on a tiny back round. Some are walking down the road with their dogs and don't feel they really need to move over much. Many seem to feel like they need to be in a convoy coming down the road at 6am so they're sitting there ready when the sun comes up.

It's all very annoying. I'm glad I'm not the farmers trying to get their trucks and combines down the road to the fields. Or the ones that have to try and combine the fields full of hunters walking through them. Every year.

Comment

I have given the finger to my neighbors going by my house hauling hay at dusk with no lights on on the highway going 8 mph just before a left turn. Stupid is everywhere.

Comment

Might be a few fingers today silage crew coming in and one field is 2 miles of hi-way. Corn sticky windows by end of day might make fingers hard to see

Comment

Originally posted by makar View Post
                    I have given the finger to my neighbors going by my house hauling hay at dusk with no lights on on the highway going 8 mph just before a left turn. Stupid is everywhere.
                    Agreed and farmers are not innocent either. Should a 50 ft header be taken down the grid. There is literally no place to go if you meet one of these. christ all the road signs are going to have to be moved out 6 ft. In Europe these things get put on a trailer and pulled out.

I have had farmers race me to the intersection with their sprayers, had one nearly drive my dad off the road. Got a bunch of others that cant wait for 30s at an intersection for your to go by, nope gotta pull on the road and make you take the shoulder. Last year at harvest driving to the yard at a brisk 80kph on back road gravel, nope not fast enough for some retard, literally took the grass in the ditch and passed me.

And the local BTOs thinks its hilarious to move 12 combines 3 carts and 2 semis to the next RM at after sunset.

Comment

Yes the BTO do same here, after dark, 45-50' headers, down the highway. 5 of them.

Comment

Few years, not that many really, and equipment was smaller, farmers all used pilot cars and they would pull over on approaches to let cars by that were behind them or when not enough room when meeting cars.

Today even a narrow tractor and baler won't pull onto the shoulder on highways so cars can pass, the other day there was about 15 cars, trucks and semi's following and they passed 4 or 5 approaches the tractor had lots of room and opportunity to let traffic by.

The people on the highways were working people too especially the big trucks, some were maybe even in a hurry to get back to the field.

Respect and consideration for others Works both ways.

Comment

...or the guys around here with Case sprayers who do all their roading with their axles moved out to full width. There's a button in that cab that changes that ya'know?

Comment

Fricken NDPERS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Robertbarlage View Post
                              Fricken NDPERS!!!
                              My favourite is when i have to grab some of the left lane to make the right turn off secondary highways onto gravel or approaches... and 9 times out of 10 i get the finger or yelled at becauss my choice ( legal) of taking wide right turns impedes that car from getting to go 125 kph. Usually just get passed AS im making my wide right turn .. which , was confirmed by an rcmp is actually "illegal"!
                              Not many people know but you arent technically allowed to pass someone when they are turning right even if the road is open... it would be the vehicle attempting to pass' fault if there were an accident ( unless large truck didnt properly signal...etc..etc).

Half the time i just throw on my left turn signal then turn right...
                              Head fake.
                              Quick decision!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...