• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

This can’t be true eh ????

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

This can’t be true eh ????

https://youtu.be/FdBEfASIfsU?si=-5ew9YHu4T3uQF_k

brake cleaner and ether apparently aswell

Comment

Well that will seize up the economy. (sorry)

Comment

Ill be stocking up. I heard cans of A/C recharge as well. They want our equipment not to start, seize up and if it does go cook us out of our cabs.

Comment

majority of voc's Volatile organic compounds will be targeted

Comment

Makes sense the liberals will ban things that actually work I guess

Comment

BS

https://wd40.ca/news/statement-from-wd-40-company-in-response-to-wd-40-multi-use-product-ban#:~:text=It%20has%20recently%20come%20to,are%20 being%20banned%20in%20Canada.

Comment

Comment

The regulation changes regarding ingredients, VOC levels etc have been known about for a couple years. Some companies have already made changes to certain products to make them compliant.
                  Other companies switched suppliers or dropped some products completely.
                  A plant in B.C. that made brake clean for a few brands is shutting down rather than spend millions to upgrade and reformulate its products.
                  I have heard from 2 suppliers that the price of brake clean will go up by $1 to $2 a can once the new formula comes on stream (this is partly from increased cost of the new product and the fact that current formula products are "on sale" to get all current formula (which plants have been pumping out at max capacity while they can) out of inventory before Jan 1 2024).

I have stocked up on some products that I know work as there will be some "new"formulations that will be very poor replacements, remember how "carb cleaner" used to actually clean (or dissolve!!) almost anything you put in the pail!!! Now it seems less effective than rinsing with gasoline or varsol.

Comment

Like everything now , made less effective and charge 2-3x

Comment

So if I can’t buy starting fluid that means I need to build another heated shop so I can start more equipment for feeding cows or moving snow or grain, this government is really winning!!!

Not!

Comment

Yup, another product that will lose it's effectiveness...actually I thought the WD-40 was already less potent than is was years ago, like so many other products. I found that this reformulation has not hit the USA as badly, as products like solvents seem to work as advertised. I would miss a product like brake clean as it works great in cleaning that last bit of oily film from brake drums or pads.

Comment

I stocked up on wd40 and brake clean. Will have to secure a supply of Cosby in a can the 80% stuff. Seldom use it but once it’s gone there is no substitute any good. Other hand wd40 has better options. Acetone and atf is one.

Comment

Originally posted by TSIPP View Post
                            So if I can’t buy starting fluid that means I need to build another heated shop so I can start more equipment for feeding cows or moving snow or grain, this government is really winning!!!

Not!
                            If I can't buy ether, it means I will have to start my main auger tractors on the warmest day in August and leave them running burning diesel (and oil) 24/7 until harvest and drying is done for the year.
                            Doing my part to save the world.

Comment

Guys around here use brake cleaner as starting fluid because as soon as it gets cold the starting fluid doesn’t seem to work anymore. It’s time to import from the south.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...