• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

cattle guys

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

cattle guys

Any comment on the announcement yesterday. I am going to delay my comments until I hear what others say. Usually I am a little off and someone points out something I hadn't thought about.

I will say this. In a drought $80 per head doesn't buy much feed, if you can find it.

And a lot of guys are just maintaining the herd genetics.

After a few comments from others I will express my opinion. Right or wrong.

Originally posted by bucket View Post
    Any comment on the announcement yesterday. I am going to delay my comments until I hear what others say. Usually I am a little off and someone points out something I hadn't thought about.

I will say this. In a drought $80 per head doesn't buy much feed, if you can find it.

And a lot of guys are just maintaining the herd genetics.

After a few comments from others I will express my opinion. Right or wrong.
    I think we know which direction you will be travelling.

The government doesn’t give one rats ass, NONE of them do.

Comment

$80 per head buys enough feed to get them there Bessie’s to the meat market…..

Comment

I thought the Turd was the only one who wanted to destroy farmers.

Comment

Originally posted by BTO780 View Post
          I thought the Turd was the only one who wanted to destroy farmers.
          Interesting comment. Moe sat in the boardroom of the big boys, they are going into cattle, there is probably a play here by kicking the shit out of the smaller operators. And ensuring young guys won't do it.

Comment

$8000 per 100 head.

Not going to change anybody's mind that has had enough.

Comment

OK

Look at what other industries have got. VW and Stellantis are pushing over 30 billion with tax deferrals as well.

The pork plant in Moose Jaw is receiving money while pork producers are reducing. They want to keep the processors in business.

Merit functional foods got 100 million and they are bankrupt.

Ranchers supply essentially unprocessed food from unusable land for anything else. And are kicked in the nut.

Hamburger sees a grinder and is cooked. A steak sees a knife once and it ready for the BBQ. All raised on grass and grain.

And this announcement is a real kick in the nuts to ranchers. It is going to hurt the industry, young guys won't do it.

Then the government will create a foreign workers program ( they already have ) to help the larger guys get foreign cowboys.

Meanwhile a rancher's son will be paying taxes to fund that program with his off farm job.

The industry is on its knees and this is the best they could do?????JFC.

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
                Then the government will create a foreign workers program ( they already have ) to help the larger guys get foreign cowboys.
                Dont think thats their goal bucket. I warned people years ago that the elite are prepping for all out attack on this industry.

I am warning big input crop guys the same thing is coming for them.

Click image for larger version

Name:	bmm.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	113.3 KB
ID:	775519

Comment

There has been LOTS of crop cut and baled around here, wheat , barley and a lot of canola. Cow guys getting lots of feed close to home for as little as $15 a bale.
                  It isnt first cut alfalfa quality feed but as good ditch grass and cattail sloughs and less damage and time to make it.
                  Many will have 2 years of lower quality feed in their stockpiles.
                  This 1" to 3" rain and cool, misty couple days will downgrade some/lots of grain as well and that may lower feed grain prices some as well. BUT will give some grassland/pasture a chance to make something going into winter to produce next year.
                  But there will be a lot of cow guys (both mixed grain/cattle and full time ranchers) that pull the pin because of age, lack of help and 5 to 7 years of dry weather and grasshoppers.
                  Governments have a hard time with any aid or support programs because of the bureaucracy and lack of industry knowledge/experience by the snivel servants that design and administer them!!!
                  Then you have groups like NFU and the like that want everyone to get the same whether they need it or not and the climate/enviro wacko's pushing to have "sustainable" bullsh*t in all programs.

Comment

Don't know anything about them but isn't there more than $8000/100hd in some of the environment/sustainable programs?

Seems to be unlimited budget for that kind of stuff.

Comment

Last I heard the cattle farts could possibly be fuelling the forest fires.

Comment

An environmental assessment is sometimes required to get some of this free cash. Most programs come with strings attached and it's gonna get worse. All depends on how much paper you like to push and most older guys say screw it. Big corps have bean counters and lawyers on retainer to look after those things.

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
                          An environmental assessment is sometimes required to get some of this free cash. Most programs come with strings attached and it's gonna get worse. All depends on how much paper you like to push and most older guys say screw it. Big corps have bean counters and lawyers on retainer to look after those things.
                          Been involved with trying to get grants and loans for other things than AG and they too have lots of strings and hoops to get through. Not so sure just writing checks with no questions is the answer either didn't turn out that great for CERB lots of people complaining about that when it was up to us to decide if we needed/wanted it.

Comment

There you go.

Any support to the disappearing cattle industry without a stack of paperwork and many months to years lag time is equivalent to CERB.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                              There you go.

Any support to the disappearing cattle industry without a stack of paperwork and many months to years lag time is equivalent to CERB.
                              I was comparing the paper work or lack of only.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...