• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Share grain prices.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Share grain prices.

Hello,

Would you all like me to post grain prices for you all more often?

I do post on WhatsApp, Twitter & FB as well.

Thanks

Louise Carduner :: (431) 734-7885
    LetsGo@CanadasGrain.com
    Killarney, Manitoba
    www.CanadasGrain.com

The big chef potatoes will have to decide that. Remember, we are just meat on a plate.

Comment

Well shit , it’s a “marketing” forum

Comment

Post them !!!

Comment

Maybe waiting for bosses approval????

Comment

Post its grain marketing!

Plus why liberals should never ever form gov.

Comment

Transparency!
              Was just talking to some adult children of an old grain buyer/elevator manager and how they hated to come home from school at noon for lunch and have to sit quiet while their dad listened to the noon crop prices on the radio. LOL

Comment

I am for posting grain bids. I find it irritating that so many grain buyers make it so hard to get their prices and will share to only those who "register" with them. On the other hand its pretty obvious with many on this site that most prices posted will be attacked as being too low . If I don't like a price , I just move on. I appreciate if the buyers are good enough to have a dialogue and ascertain what my target price is. As guys like Dave knows you have to have a pretty thick skin to post bids here.

Comment

Only thing target prices do is tell the trade what you are willing to give your product away for.

They only ever get hit when the market gets to the price, or once in a blue moon if they are short.

Comment

Originally posted by BTO780 View Post
                    Only thing target prices do is tell the trade what you are willing to give your product away for.

They only ever get hit when the market gets to the price, or once in a blue moon if they are short.
                    You are correct. I have always said they are simply a free option given to the trade.

I dont agree with this in a futures market like canola or wheat as a target really disciplines you. But in special crop markets a target price just allows a trader to decide if he takes it or not. If too many line up they can wait. If not enough come they hold sales.

Comment

Posted prices aren’t absolute- they are guidelines. In the special crops industry quality is deciding factor along with price. I would be interested in posted prices, then the one-upping will begin.

Comment

Originally posted by wmoebis View Post
                        Transparency!
                        Was just talking to some adult children of an old grain buyer/elevator manager and how they hated to come home from school at noon for lunch and have to sit quiet while their dad listened to the noon crop prices on the radio. LOL
                        Don bousquet , lol, as chucky would say

Comment

When I worked for Mb Pool in Killarney back in the '70s one of of my daily tasks was to write down the morning and afternoon grain broadcast prices for ****seed and flax. Prices were broadcast on an am radio station out of Altona, MB. If the power was out or prices missed somehow chaos ensued.

Comment

Originally posted by jamesb View Post
                            I am for posting grain bids. I find it irritating that so many grain buyers make it so hard to get their prices and will share to only those who "register" with them. On the other hand its pretty obvious with many on this site that most prices posted will be attacked as being too low . If I don't like a price , I just move on. I appreciate if the buyers are good enough to have a dialogue and ascertain what my target price is. As guys like Dave knows you have to have a pretty thick skin to post bids here.
                            And when they do post prices on their website/app it seems to be the minimum price as they will typically pay more than they are showing. I have first hand knowledge of how they work!

Comment

Hello -

I will post prices in this thread.

Feel free to reach out for more info.

Canadas Grain 2023 Corp.
                              Louise Carduner :: (431) 734-7885
                              LetsGo@CanadasGrain.com
                              Killarney, Manitoba
                              www.CanadasGrain.com

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List