• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Early harvest.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Early harvest.

Considering the seeding dates , does the crop reporters not find harvesting in the first week in August as concerning? May 1st to today is only like 90 days. Most crops we are 100 days before desiccating ??

Originally posted by bucket View Post
    Considering the seeding dates , does the crop reporters not find harvesting in the first week in August as concerning? May 1st to today is only like 90 days. Most crops we are 100 days before desiccating ??
    Same everywhere or less like Zeefarmer point out
    Some less than 85 , never a good thing

Comment

With 2 tenths in the month of July, the crops are advancing at a rapid pace here. Lots of wheat here could have combines rolling on day 90. Yields are declining every day.

Comment

Ignore until they can’t
        Steal as much as possible
        Harvest happy hour may need to be cancelled , again

Comment

There is barley and peas off IN THE NE SWAMP !!!
          unheard off this early in these parts ??

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
            That’s the crazy part , that’s NE Sask , not SW Sask .
            Anyone marking expert or ag wizard realize this???

Comment

That’s 4 climate zones away from SW Sask

Comment

Good morning all. Here in our corner of SW Sask. most of the pea and lentils are in full swing or done( in my area anyways) Some early durum has been combined also. Yeilds are POOR !!

My peas were done a few days back , high yield 7 bpa , low yield 5bpa. Another shitey year indeed . Makes me wonder what SCIC is going to do to us out here for prices and premiums next year.

Anybody out there that has a good crop , don't bellyache because its a few bushels less than last year . At least you had something to harvest.

Comment

Originally posted by GALAXIE500 View Post
                  Good morning all. Here in our corner of SW Sask. most of the pea and lentils are in full swing or done( in my area anyways) Some early durum has been combined also. Yeilds are POOR !!

My peas were done a few days back , high yield 7 bpa , low yield 5bpa. Another shitey year indeed . Makes me wonder what SCIC is going to do to us out here for prices and premiums next year.

Anybody out there that has a good crop , don't bellyache because its a few bushels less than last year . At least you had something to harvest.
                  I'm getting tired of treating my bins as the cold storage shed's that I hope someday a respectable crop will be able to purchase!

Here's to next year... Or if one is to be realistic, here's to hoping for the year after next.

Comment

Originally posted by GALAXIE500 View Post

Sorry to hear that Galaxy… that’s difficult….

Hard to understand why wheat down 18cents/bu from the open on Mini… this morning… volatility is going to be crazy this year again…

Blessings and Prayers

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                      Back in the eighties there was a few summers where barley was harvested in July in these parts.
                      The Prairies were very dry at the time and grasshoppers were also a huge problem.
                      Cycles always happen with weather and this is just another dry cycle that we have to get through.

Comment

This may seem counterintuitive and hear me out. Low prices at this point in time may be a good thing. The cure for low prices is low prices. The more the market is out of wack with the reality of the situation and the further that figurative pendulum is pulled in the wrong direction, the further that pendulum will swing and overshoot in the opposite direction. The possibility exists that we see all time highs in many commodities this next run. My bins are locked, but please take it easy on those that offer opinions on what may or may not happen with grain prices. "It's tough making predictions especially about the future." Yogi Berra

Last edited by biglentil; Aug 5, 2023, 04:09.

Comment

Yogi also said, "It's Deja vu all over again" Same with any markets...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                          • Return to Topic List
                          Working...