• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

lucky unlucky

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

lucky unlucky

Fuel truck filled tanks 2 nights ago phoned yesterday morn DON'T use fuel possible gas blend truck malfunction . Had parked skidsteer at tanks but hadn't filled yet. Combining at sons place so using his fuel anyway. Coming to drain tank but neighbor not so lucky draining tanks on combines and service truck along with yard tanks.

I'd be thankful they caught it.

Comment

Happened to dad 50 years ago. Put a can of mineral lube in tank of the 4020 and used it up.

Comment

Compared to having a hornet/wasp/biter that takes out your right nostril because you mowed out its wild clover patch, I think you got off lightly. Never ran so much snot over a twelve hour period since the last cold. Thankfully a nasal cycle exists.

On a related note. Have you ever had a fuel drop into your tank from a company you don't patronize, who asks if they can retrieve their mistake, and sucks the tank to the last drop which includes your own. Promises, promises that they won't do that? Just roll with the punch.

Comment

Originally posted by checking View Post
          Compared to having a hornet/wasp/biter that takes out your right nostril because you mowed out its wild clover patch, I think you got off lightly. Never ran so much snot over a twelve hour period since the last cold. Thankfully a nasal cycle exists.

On a related note. Have you ever had a fuel drop into your tank from a company you don't patronize, who asks if they can retrieve their mistake, and sucks the tank to the last drop which includes your own. Promises, promises that they won't do that? Just roll with the punch.
          Hornets/wasps are lovely. Had one above my eye fencing. Plumbing torch comes in handy to dispatch of nest attached to the wire. Even more fun is when your horse kicks up a swarm while riding. In the nasal cavity sounds like more fun though.

Comment

Something like that happened in our local town about 30 years ago.
            Local Esso bulk fuel dealer had to repair or replace a few tractor fuel pumps.

Comment

May long weekend my daughters truck was filled with gasoline, she finally got the phone call that the truck is ready, now she needs to drive the 350 kilometres so she can exchange the rental and pick up her truck but she’s busy fixing combines, can you imagine loosing a combine for 70 days?

Comment

Our fuel dealer dropped diesel in our gas tank. They caught it but not before mom filled her truck and went for a drive. Dealer had to pay for flushing the fuel system which included removing the tank. Diesel in gas wasn’t the end of the world but newer fuel systems really hate it.

Comment

Yep could have been nasty if i had filled the skidsteer and if the fuel tank had to be removed that would have required removing engine first to get tank out. Todays shop rates that would cost a few$$$$$$. Wife saw them pump fuel out of tank and refill and wondered what they due with bad fuel. Would it get sent back to refinery or get blended off ?

Comment

Sometimes it pays not to move too quickly.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...