• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

BC Port Worker’s Strike

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

BC Port Worker’s Strike

Stories mention possible upcoming supply chain and inflation possibilities. Just what we need right now. Affects not only Vancouver, but also Prince Rupert and any other smaller ports.

Are any of these people employed in the grain terminals? Container shipping of pulses would be affected I would think and of course all consumer goods coming in.

They need to legislate these people back to work and quick. More than a few days of this will be a disaster.

https://apple.news/ATT7qXJExTMOlVdsc0T8Hjg

Wont happen until they get a bouncy castle,

Comment

[QUOTE=SmallTimeOperator;569631]S

Are any of these people employed in the grain terminals?

The Union has agreed to service grain vessels as well as cruise ships during the strike

Comment

The port of Vancouver is one of the least efficient ports in the world, and one of the main sticking points in the negotiations is automation. SMH, my god, the goal of the union and management should be to make it one of the most efficient ports in the world, not too drag us to the bottom.
        Last edited by Wheatking; Jul 4, 2023, 17:20.

Comment

Originally posted by Wheatking View Post
          The port of Vancouver is one of the least efficient ports in the world, and one of the main sticking points in the negotiations is automation. SMH, my god, the goal of the union and management should be to make it one of the most efficient ports in the world, not too drag us to the bottom.
          Learning about the history of the railroads, efficiency is the least of the unions concerns. The unions insisted that staffing levels remain the same when the railroads converted from steam to diesel.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...