• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

715 Quad

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

715 Quad

Sounds like larger engines are coming with less emissions crap on them.

Can see some larger operations opting for them.

Comment

Be interesting to see that one and the new Big Bud in the same field, pulling identical outfits .
      Then compare cost and fuel use

Comment

Originally posted by bucket View Post
        Sounds like larger engines are coming with less emissions crap on them.

Can see some larger operations opting for them.
        It's about time.
        Manufacturers went through that small engine phase a few times in the past and it never worked.

Comment

peak hp

My salesman said it is nothing. Case is now rating them on peak hp, so will be rated just like the new hollands. No more power, just a different way to label the hood.

I would think the problem with higher hp tractors is trucking them around when ballasted up. 750 hp would need to weigh 75,000 lbs.

Perhaps a system of ballast weights that get picked up with front and rear 3pt hitches like European tractors use.

Comment

Originally posted by poorboy View Post
            My salesman said it is nothing. Case is now rating them on peak hp, so will be rated just like the new hollands. No more power, just a different way to label the hood.

I would think the problem with higher hp tractors is trucking them around when ballasted up. 750 hp would need to weigh 75,000 lbs.

Perhaps a system of ballast weights that get picked up with front and rear 3pt hitches like European tractors use.
            Yes it is getting to be a problem where these 4wd tractors, and even the larger combines can not be hauled with a tandem truck and tridem trailer. Needing to get jeeps or else a tri-drive truck to even be close to legal. The problem is, sometimes you don’t even know what type of unit you are going to pick up from the dealer lot. They phone in a panic to get you to haul a unit yesterday. You show up, and it is a behemoth of a tractor. No forewarning. So when do you hook the jeep up? Every load?

Had one 4wd bottom out the load gauge on the truck. Talk about driving gingerly…🤣

Comment

Originally posted by poorboy View Post

If that is true then it would be the 645 (before boost) discussed here:

https://www.producer.com/crops/steiger-pulls-ahead-in-race-for-tractor-power/

Comment

I was picking up seed this spring and was talking to the seed grower. He runs a I think it was a roughly 2015 Quad track. His tractor had broke down during seeding. Apparently there is a retention nut in the planetary that drives the track that backs off. Common problem, happens between 3-4000 hours. There was evidence theirs had been apart before. Only happens on 2 of the corners due to the direction it turns in relation to the nut. I often thought a Quad track might be my next tractor, after talking to him I lost interest.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                  Be interesting to see that one and the new Big Bud in the same field, pulling identical outfits .
                  Then compare cost and fuel use
                  Better yet cost of repairs for lifespan

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                    I was picking up seed this spring and was talking to the seed grower. He runs a I think it was a roughly 2015 Quad track. His tractor had broke down during seeding. Apparently there is a retention nut in the planetary that drives the track that backs off. Common problem, happens between 3-4000 hours. There was evidence theirs had been apart before. Only happens on 2 of the corners due to the direction it turns in relation to the nut. I often thought a Quad track might be my next tractor, after talking to him I lost interest.
                    Imho. Some people need tracks. Seems those who really like them trade early.

Comment

Originally posted by blackpowder View Post
                      Imho. Some people need tracks. Seems those who really like them trade early.
                      Hills or heavy clay its a must. On our third quadtrac since 2012, they are trouble free for at least 2800 hours from our experience. By trouble free I mean just regular maintenance like change the oil in the bogies, haven’t done anything else. Haven’t kept one past that many hours but many have without issues.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...