• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rally Hats

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Big Funds are caught short… Ukraine grain terminals are under Russian attacks..

Volatility… and interesting times!

Blessings and Prayers

Comment

US rain to next Wednesday

Storms today

Markets bouncing lower…

Comment

Extended Weather

Comment

I chose to reward the market with another new crop canola sale for off the combine. Close to $19/bu. Better than a kick in the ass. I've got some canola coming. Hard to say, maybe 40+.

Comment

Wheat is making a big move this morning, canola struggling even though soybean oil is up about 1.50 and beans up 19 cents.

Comment

Oats not filling verywell white spots in the fields now. Anybody taking off heavy oats will get an marketing edge !

Comment

I’m still thinking there is a lot of last year’s oats sitting in bins, though I do know grain companies may of pried some oats out of farmers hands with the $4.25 bids earlier this month. Anyone still holding oats will probably hang on till after harvest to see how things shake out.

Comment

Originally posted by crusher View Post
                  I chose to reward the market with another new crop canola sale for off the combine. Close to $19/bu. Better than a kick in the ass. I've got some canola coming. Hard to say, maybe 40+.
                  Still can’t make any sale yet on new crop
                  Could only be 10-15 bus ave on some canola fields, maybe 20 plus on wheat . Flax , no idea
                  So will have to wait
                  Can’t see much downside now , get what we get then market it after harvest
                  Storage will not be an issue on farm or at elevators so no need to presell anything.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
                    I’m still thinking there is a lot of last year’s oats sitting in bins, though I do know grain companies may of pried some oats out of farmers hands with the $4.25 bids earlier this month. Anyone still holding oats will probably hang on till after harvest to see how things shake out.
                    Indeed there may still be some 45#+ oats carried over that normally guys would be anxious to move to free up bin space.

I doubt they got many at $4.25 as I have heard much loftier expectations than that.

Will be interesting to see the push on that and how many the processors can sort if the premium gets high enough.

Might be lots of light oats in the pellets for the cattlemen.

Light oats probably cheaper than hay?

Comment

I think you’re right, there will be a big demand for hay and oats might be the displace some hay. I don’t think there is a lot of good ha, 2nd cut is looking iffy in a lot of places.
                      Last edited by Sodbuster; Jul 24, 2023, 12:48.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...