• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rally Hats

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rally Hats

Markets are finally responding to dryness in the western corn belt. Nice to see it dragging wheat along too. I'm taking the opportunity to lock in futures on some basis set long ago on old crop. Strength in the loonie is making it harder to find decent new crop basis. Patience, I guess. We received 2 inches of desperately needed rain, with more to come over the next few days. Don't shoot the messenger. Hopefully everyone gets some decent weather in their neighbourhood. Enjoy the weekend. Blessings to all.

Originally posted by crusher View Post
    Hopefully everyone gets some decent weather in their neighbourhood.
    You can’t have ur cake and eat it too by hoping for rain for everyone and have prices rally…..

Comment

Oats futures have been on a rip.
      Gained almost $1 USD from lows.

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
        Have local grain buyers raised their bids to keep up with the futures?

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
          Oats were driven pathetically low , seeded acres fell off a cliff .
          What’s the ole saying, Oats Knows ?

Comment

Isn't there a major drought in the states somewhere? Reports where guys won't use a combine? I see these things and put it in the hamster wheel between my ears.

Comment

Panic buying in futures.

Canola up $45

Comment

Hope this rally will will continue Tuesday after the long weekend in the states and is not just short covering for Independence Day.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                  Oats were driven pathetically low , seeded acres fell off a cliff .
                  What’s the ole saying, Oats Knows ?
                  Isn't there huge quonsets full of oats out west from a oat DEAL gone bad ? Least that's what local buyers throw at us every time we try to peddle some oats

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
                    Isn't there huge quonsets full of oats out west from a oat DEAL gone bad ? Least that's what local buyers throw at us every time we try to peddle some oats
                    That’s like the huge canola carry over a few years ago they lied about , until reality proved otherwise

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
                      The local storey here is one farm has a large part of that problem so not a lot of individuals involved.

Some oats carried over but not significant compared to the amount of acres cut back.
                      My opinion only.

Comment

Dropping back already

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                          That’s like the huge canola carry over a few years ago they lied about , until reality proved otherwise
                          First time for no oats on this farm , and we are not alone
                          $4 July here

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                            First time for no oats on this farm , and we are not alone
                            $4 July here
                            At barley prices oats are a joke. Barley can usually move somewhere.

Comment

Originally posted by crusher View Post
                              Markets are finally responding to dryness in the western corn belt. Nice to see it dragging wheat along too. I'm taking the opportunity to lock in futures on some basis set long ago on old crop. Strength in the loonie is making it harder to find decent new crop basis. Patience, I guess. We received 2 inches of desperately needed rain, with more to come over the next few days. Don't shoot the messenger. Hopefully everyone gets some decent weather in their neighbourhood. Enjoy the weekend. Blessings to all.
                              Are you pushing Maga rally hats? Make Agriculture Great Again, or religion.

Changing my view. It's not grass up to the ass. It's grass up to the armpits.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...