• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday.

Good morning.

99% are done seeding. Every one finished in our area yesterday except the crop insurance guy up north.

Crops are coming up real nice except the heavy rain a week ago packed ground and canola won’t come up great in some spots.

Lots of flooding and yellowing of crop but the heat is helping dry out and most look good.

Crop report.

Hrs is any where from flag to 4 leaf. Most are done in crop spraying or just finishing. The wind has been a factor plus heat so afternoons you sleep.
    Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_0181.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	20.6 KB
ID:	780472

Barley is really growing strong some will get fungicides next week. Most in our area seed barley early for malt. Healthy but yellow spots from rain.

Oats very little this year but up or just seeded.

Flax looks like acres are down in our area but excess rain and flax could be an issue.

Peas and lentils are sprayed. We tried a yara product with viper and yes still a small delay but no real yellowing.
    This is added plus all other stuff.
    Lentils don’t like excess water.

Name:	70794647652__93770214-EDB1-4AE0-9605-1C01CDDBE1BC.jpg
Size:	14.0 KB
ID:	780470

Canola is filling in or rows are really visible some next week will cabbage and bolt. Probably best catch ever but fields that had hail in drought 2020 the seed came this year so thick. Hopefully flea Beatles eat most. Some fields look like they don’t need spraying the next might get two apps.this is the last crop for I crop to be sprayed.

Name:	IMG_0177.jpg
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	780471

One field of hay has been cut by Balgonie and most probably will start next week. Cows are all out to pasture for most.

Name:	IMG_0171.jpg
Size:	15.8 KB
ID:	780473

I guess it’s a good idea to seed midge tolerant wheat.

Name:	IMG_0158.jpg
Size:	10.3 KB
ID:	780474

Found this little guy waiting for his mom while spraying he wasn’t moving from that slough. I had a half mile to the trees so if the freight train was coming I could get back into the sprayer.

Have a great week and stay safe.

Name:	IMG_0170.jpg
Size:	15.6 KB
ID:	775212

Name:	IMG_0133.jpg
Size:	19.5 KB
ID:	775213

Name:	IMG_0172.jpg
Size:	19.6 KB
ID:	775214

Name:	IMG_0148.jpg
Size:	19.0 KB
ID:	775215

All custom seeding is done since Monday drill one is fixed for plant 24 and ready for shed. Drill to is going to it’s new home up north. New drill arrives in august.

Comment

Oh Happy fathers Day to all Dads.

Special Father’s Day to my Dad who at 94 is finally showing his age and his body isn’t keeping up with him. Happy Father’s Day Dad.

Comment

Cutting hay now hoping to make it rain but smoke filled skies and northeast winds will require longer drydown time. Water puddles aside your crops look pretty good Sask. Our corn is not curling yet but the extend beans looked stressed on the higher ground.

Comment

Barley

Hrs

Canola

Rain last night 1/2 in Cupar

Yard 4/10

Further east at wettest we missed yes.

Fort grass lodged so who knows.

Comment

Drought busting rain at Edmonton but damage already done to early crops.

Comment

SFA here again , rains still in same pattern for 3 weeks now

We in the bare spot yet again
              Up to 1.5 in just west of river again , same as last week

Comment

got our first rain last night 15mm

Comment

Alfalfa field

Comment

1.2 inches here. I'll have 2 crops but it's a start

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                      Oh Happy fathers Day to all Dads.

Special Father’s Day to my Dad who at 94 is finally showing his age and his body isn’t keeping up with him. Happy Father’s Day Dad.
                      Now that you mention it, Happy Father's Day to you and your Dad. Lost mine in January, he made 100, had him for 70 years. Driver's license till 98, remarkable men with so much accomplished. Along life.... but doesn't take long.

1/2" on the 13th, nothing last night.

Comment

Thankfully it’s foggy

Comment

Wouldn’t that just add insult to injury after missing any meaningful rain for 20 days now

Nothing below 3c , so dodged another bullet I guess

Comment

Very nice looking canola, hope the F word stays away till at least September. After one of the warmest springs you wouldn’t think frost would be possible June 16. Crops are progressing quickly this year from all the warmer temperatures in May and June, we’re at least 2 weeks ahead of schedule. We have never been done spraying before the June progress show in Regina, this year done first pass on everything June 11th.

Comment

Are the markets playing games these days, or just delayed reaction.

Name:	usdm.jpg
Size:	91.3 KB
ID:	775219

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...