• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    Generic Liberty seems to be working very well in two days ..

How’s your weed control to date Chuck , forage , Agstar???

Chuck you still up or watching “Little house on the Prairie “ ??
    Oppps sorry , he not here

Sorry fellow Agivillers but he pushed things too far in the basement for me . I will let it go till Monday
    Agree, my generic Liberty really smoked the weeds this year and results were seen the next day. I’m sure the 30C+ days and warm nights made a huge difference. Now just need a good 3 day soaker, we still have decent moisture but only 1.2” of rain since the snow left. First pass of generic Liberty done and finished all the wheat this afternoon, oats to be done Monday.

Comment

Windy like a bugger yesterday so sprayed some hoppers hope I got mine and 1/2 my neighbors. Liberty today if no wind and cut grass so folks can see wife's flowers ( getting past beer bottle stage ) YIKE'S .

Comment

Sorry fellow Agivillers but he pushed things too far in the basement for me . I will let it go till Monday
        Furrow just curious, did you use all generic Liberty or some of both? I split my first pass 50/50. I have sprayed out all the BASF product. Just did my first tank of generic yesterday. Just trying to decide when to spray the last canola. So dry very few weeds.

Comment

Weed control is working , but dry conditions preventing germination of some weeds. If we do not get rain soon it won't matter. Some are waiting for rain. We have sprayed beans twice , second trifoliate.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
            Weed control is working , but dry conditions preventing germination of some weeds. If we do not get rain soon it won't matter. Some are waiting for rain. We have sprayed beans twice , second trifoliate.
            Unusual for your country?

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
              Furrow just curious, did you use all generic Liberty or some of both? I split my first pass 50/50. I have sprayed out all the BASF product. Just did my first tank of generic yesterday. Just trying to decide when to spray the last canola. So dry very few weeds.
              Yes all generic this year , worked very well

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                It’s getting dry here too , fast . Last two days had to slow right down because of dust .

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                  Unusual for your country?
                  Very!15 mm since april.

Comment

2.5 to 4.5 since May 1 that’s inches

Comment

Furrow do you have a Seedmaster SR? Is the canola in the picture planted with that machine? Is it just me or is the the nicest canola catch I have ever seen?

The B3320 PHD can't come close to this. Does this stand show up in increased yield at the end of the season?

Curious to know all about this machine.

Thanks
                      Last edited by Crestliner; Jun 10, 2023, 20:55.

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	CF47EB41-58D2-4A75-A1A9-CB3D45B998ED.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	19.4 KB
ID:	775193
                        Pioneer 505 seeded may 18

Comment

Originally posted by Crestliner View Post

The B3320 PHD can't come close to this. Does this stand show up in increased yield at the end of the season?
                          Bourgault you dust it in cause if you pack too much mud on seed it won’t come out. Seed twins you can seed deep and it still comes up cause it packs on the side. Have had both. Gerry no dummy he makes a seedhawk now too…..

Comment

Originally posted by Crestliner View Post
                            Furrow do you have a Seedmaster SR? Is the canola in the picture planted with that machine? Is it just me or is the the nicest canola catch I have ever seen?

Curious to know all about this machine.

Thanks
                            Sorry for the late response, took some time off here 😊.
                            Yes the SM SR , I had a thread about it back a while ago . Will rejuvenate it rather than go through it again when I have time .
                            Fairly happy so far with it

Comment

Crop is coming along decent where it not drowned out. Some of the canola on lower land really poor because of water.
                              Finally dry enough to get spraying and the sprayer craps the bed. Them things are just to complicated for my brain!

Comment

Our 1.4” total rain is starting to take its toll. Neighbours early seeded canola starting to get patches dying off on the hills Then they call wanting to sell fungicides. I told them without significant rain in the next two weeks , they can send it all south of the trans Canada. They actually agreed with me .

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...