• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

canola spraying questions.

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I guess I am the odd ball.
    1.6 one pass.

The way it works for me is to wait until the canola is big enough to be competitive.
    The liberty knocks everything down and the canola take over.
    For this to work your fields have to be fairly clean because if there is heavy weed pressure early you have to spray early.
    I have never put grass killer in and have never needed to. I don’t have many wild oats and volunteer cereals are mainly only on the outside border. If grass weeds do get ahead I will spray the outside border.
    I won’t buy Centurion. I never worked good here when it was called Select and I don’t think changing the name made it worked any better.
    As far as spraying twice. I find it hard enough getting over the fields once let a lone twice.
    Tramping canola down once into the mud it might grow back and fill in but do it twice and those ruts will be black all summer.

Comment

I remember the .8 rate.

Comment

I had a neighbour ask if we use centurion both passes of interline ( upl 's liberty) and i asked why anyone would ever do that? If you have such grassy problems just separate the grass pass from liberty. Chlethodim ( centurion) is a fantastic chem on its own..but the liberty burns the leaf too quickly and really reduces the clethodim efficacy ( same reason we cant spray liberty/ lontrel together). If you are 2 passing liberty then go with centurion and 2nd pass assure. 2 different modes of action atleast in same chem group and will help reduce any wild oat resistance buildup.

Plus assure smokes foxtail barley ( if you have) and it sort of just chuckles at centurion.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
          Furrow ( coach ) what's you using for broad leaf chemical for wheat ?

Best bang for the buck ?
          We are using Tridem this year . Seems decent so far on the first 1/3 of wheat sprayed .
          No crop flash , not a fan of group 2 grass control but so far seems ok .
          Will know more in a week or so

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
            Furrow ( coach ) what's you using for broad leaf chemical for wheat ?

Best bang for the buck ?
            Seems to be working very well and zero crop injury

Comment

1.08 was the second pass recommendation iirc, not .8.

I use 1.35 rate with facet. Kills cleavers dead. No need for 1.6 rate with that. Will use centurion on barley stubble or if grassy weeds are really bad.

Comment

What’s hot for kochia in durum?

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
                  Fluroxypyr

Comment

Authority in the fall. Kinda giving up for in crop kochia for durum. Kochia is a biological problem not a chemical problem.

Comment

Originally posted by TASFarms View Post
                      Authority in the fall. Kinda giving up for in crop kochia for durum. Kochia is a biological problem not a chemical problem.
                      Ive used Authority before with good results but has a 12 month recropping restriction on canola and a 24 month recropping restriction on lentils.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                        Ive used Authority before with good results but has a 12 month recropping restriction on canola and a 24 month recropping restriction on lentils.
                        Is that dependent on organic or PH numbers?

Comment

High rate durum 12month restriction as well.
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230614_103204_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	119.7 KB
ID:	775206
                          Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230614_102932_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Size:	95.2 KB
ID:	775205Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230614_103002_Adobe Acrobat.jpg
Size:	103.8 KB
ID:	775207

Comment

Occtain works well in durum at 4 leaf and beyond

Comment

Lots of Kochia never gets sprayed, that sneaky shit doesn't germ until late after spraying when everybody has gone fishing.

Comment

And wind storms tumbling that crap over the road and fence from the neighbors doesn't help either !

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...