• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bad day in grain markets

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by JoeyJeremiah View Post
    Maybe I should start a newsletter and just cut and paste others work and call it a day, then complain about how much work I do. I value you for your advocacy, but you are kind of going squirrelly. And this never did start as an attack on an old poof, you just took it personally, so it must of hit the target.
    LOL...carry on JJ
    someone else took it personally; After years of dealing with left wing lunatics; i have thicker skin than that

Comment

Originally posted by JoeyJeremiah View Post
      Maybe I should start a newsletter and just cut and paste others work and call it a day, then complain about how much work I do. I value you for your advocacy, but you are kind of going squirrelly. And this never did start as an attack on an old poof, you just took it personally, so it must of hit the target.
      Why don’t you start one , I’m sure it’s easy *
      Especially if you knew a major drought was coming , that info would of been pricelesss
      I sure wished I would of took larry’s advice in the early winter l would of saved 2-3 months of stress
      You do realize lots of canola was sold a while back for $15-17 ? .
      Last edited by Guest; Jul 20, 2023, 08:13.

Comment

Durum prices fell overnight locally … guess harvest pressure is in full gear. Maybe there were lots of forward contracts signed up yesterday.

How do you spell D I S A S T E R

Comment

I have learned that nobody nails marketing perfectly. And markets are more than just weather, or carry out or supply demand.

They are also money sloshing around looking for temporary homes to hide or capitalize.

But the one trick that works for me is any crop I hold over, I am prepared to hold until June July because thats when the most uncertainty is and usually a price premium in many crops.

We sold out the last of our canola. Up $2/bu in a month, you take it.

Comment

I've just realized something.
            I could be wrong but.
            I think I might be at least as smart as any consultant I've talked to in 40 years. But I'm not doing their job. I do mine. I'm still here. Most of them aren't.
            I just like information, I can filter the opinion.
            Also, more and more things start to sound familiar. Messages and concepts.
            JJ sounds either too young to get this, or is just naturally bitter like CC, or maybe....

Comment

Personally, I am grateful to anyone who is willing to throw out marketing advice or projections.
              It's easy to be Monday morning quarterback, it's a lot harder to put your neck on the line and offer possible future scenarios. All done on the public forum for everyone to see and do be remembered for all eternity.
              I'm especially grateful to those who don't hide behind anonymity using their actual names and putting their actual reputations up.

And on that subject, I should go and revisit the prediction I made of the markets bottoming somewhat prematurely this spring.

Comment

Replacing hailed out site glasses in grain bins this morn from last year hopefully we will need them this year !

Comment

And I should add that I reserve the right to disregard all marketing opinions which run counter to my own personal preconceived notions. And do wholeheartedly endorse those opinions which confirm what I want to hear.
                  Best advice in the world is useless if I don't listen to it or act upon it.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post

And on that subject, I should go and revisit the prediction I made of the markets bottoming somewhat prematurely this spring.
                    On March 24, I wrote:
                    After all of the drama that occurred this week, here's what happened to my local prices. CPS wheat up 18 cents since last friday, canola down 16 cents. I guess the world didn't end after all.
                    I'll go out on a limb and say we've seen the Lows for the year, or at the very least it won't spend very much time below those levels.
                    At some point, the fundamentals of grains will prevail over the fear of an economic meltdown.
                    Anything, the fundamentals are more bullish now than they were in March of last year when the market was pricing in the worst possible case scenario, which didn't play out fast enough to keep the bullish story going.

Looks like I'd better not quit my day job to get into the market prediction business. I did go back and find my prediction about the market bottoming on March 24th. Looks like the canola futures ( front month) did spend 27 trading days below the closing price on the 24th. Currently $100/tonne higher than that day.

Comment

Durum price is 4 bucks more a bushel than spring wheat today at our local terminal. That’s 160 or more an acre in our area this year .Might be time to quit spring wheat if the crooks don’t want to pay us what it’s worth to grow.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...