• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

That d 7 should handle that snow!

Comment

Dry at Edmonton. Some fields are seeded. I would expect 75% rolling by end of next week. I don't think I have a pothole on the farm.

Comment

We’re at least 3 weeks from seeding, at least 2’ of snow on the fence lines plus the 6” of snow the last two days and were still in the deep freeze.

Comment

Swamps really dry
          Got 1/2” of snow
          No water anywhere , but lots snow along bush

Comment

Poplar buds are coming out………..

Calves are coming out too. Hit 40% today and no complaints so far. Had a few more twins than normal and less losses which helps a bunch.

Having the swampers give the bottles is always entertaining. Especially when they “know” more than me and are supposedly stronger than the baby calf………..😎
            The oldest had her 4-H mini show and did good. He hasn’t gained the best due to a few issues but is possibly the calmest calf we’ve ever had. A month from now is the real deal and hopefully that goes smoothly as well. She’s already scheming how grandpa could buy him at the sale so she could avoid the painful goodbye after the sale…………..😉

Awaiting green grass …………… patiently
            Fun times🍀

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post

Calves are coming out too. Hit 40% today and no complaints so far. Had a few more twins than normal and less losses which helps a bunch.

Having the swampers give the bottles is always entertaining. Especially when they “know” more than me and are supposedly stronger than the baby calf………..😎
              The oldest had her 4-H mini show and did good. He hasn’t gained the best due to a few issues but is possibly the calmest calf we’ve ever had. A month from now is the real deal and hopefully that goes smoothly as well. She’s already scheming how grandpa could buy him at the sale so she could avoid the painful goodbye after the sale…………..😉

Fun times🍀
              With heifers usually the grandparents get talked into helping start a new herd. 😀

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post

Fun times🍀
                Ah woodland , you always brighten the mood on here !!
                Enjoy those youngins while you can
                Too bad city kids couldn’t experience 4H !

Comment

Originally posted by caseih View Post
                  Ah woodland , you always brighten the mood on here !!
                  Enjoy those youngins while you can
                  Too bad city kids couldn’t experience 4H !
                  Actually my nephew is in the same club with a woodworking project. He was in vet sciences with my daughter but his stomach couldn’t handle the blood from dehorning a steer😎

Comment

Never much liked dehorning myself.

Tried about everything.

Got it figured out when I bought 5 Black Angus bulls to breed Heifers.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                    • Return to Topic List
                    Working...