• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Crop Report on a Thursday

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
    Same , I remember 2000 , just west of here got 2 feet wet snow about this time of year. We had some rain and then around 10 inches. Was a crop maker cause it never rained much after and then had 2 years bad drought .
    Hopefully we get the next system around the 27th
    Very few times since we had decent moisture in April

I think it was 2012 when SE Sask had a huge, wet April 10 (going from bad memory) storm, killing thousands of young calves. The Sask government paid cattle farmers some remuneration for dead cattle. Kinda odd that Eastern Saskatchewan was hit that time too.

Comment

Originally posted by sumdumguy View Post
      I think it was 2012 when SE Sask had a huge, wet April 10 (going from bad memory) storm, killing thousands of young calves. The Sask government paid cattle farmers some remuneration for dead cattle. Kinda odd that Eastern Saskatchewan was hit that time too.
      Was just thinking about this and I think it was 2012 got hit with over a foot up in the Northeast around Easter. The year didn’t turn out well. We don’t need what they have in the model don’t need anything at all until after seeding.

Comment

Originally posted by blueversi View Post
        Was just thinking about this and I think it was 2012 got hit with over a foot up in the Northeast around Easter. The year didn’t turn out well. We don’t need what they have in the model don’t need anything at all until after seeding.
        Ya could be very unfortunate, western Sask and Eastern Alberta sure could use it .
        Patterns set up and can be not fun on either side
        Very few ever in sweet spot it seems

Comment

Don’t need this at all. 2 inches of rain in June would work better. Can’t doing anything but complain so will see how much we get.

Comment

If I see the SE Sask forecast, I am thinking about how much unseeded acre coverage I have. BTDT. From experience, getting it flooded after it is seeded is worse. We had a thunderstorm here last night followed by snow. Got a fair bit of moisture in a short time. Not much snow here this winter but there was run off today and water has reappeared in the sloughs that were disked down last fall. Disk them down every fall and thought finally we are going to seed through them after a dry winter. Maybe not

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
            • Return to Topic List
            Working...