• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brics .....

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
    All boils down to whoever has the big guns or is buddies with big guns on who's $ we use otherwise instead of buying our stuff they will just take it . Just like what's happening just east of us on the other side of the pond.
    You mean like S.Africa?

Comment

ALL ripe for the picking it seems while we stand and watch.

Comment

As my neighbor keeps reminding me…

Sure glad the US bought Alaska when they did… Putin threatened to take it back…

“Courage “ is an interesting concept…Perspective: in the 1880’s my folks took a wagon team to Winnipeg from Edmonton…. To pick up winter supplies as the railroad was not built yet…

Perspective: …what our forefathers went through to farm…our farm…was physically unbelievably stressful… Faith in God and positive mindset that Good would endure over evil… was the key motivation to successfully navigating farm life a century ago for many farm families.

Our Heritage is a wonderful reflection of the sacrifices made … examples of enduring tenacity and unfailing Love…. The Good Friday life experience… guiltless sacrifices… innocent courage… were key building blocks of the western Canadian agricultural civilization that we enjoy today!!

Blessings this Maunde Thursday … where King Jesus washed the feet of the disciples… calling us his Friends …not servants any more…we the humanity King Jesus created… granted complete autonomy… and the choice to be completely responsible for our destiny… male or female… slave or wealthy noble… we all have the same opportunity and standing with the designer of the universe… beyond time and the physical reality we now inhabit in these mortal perishing physical bodies… we can choose that our Spirits will endure… in the new universe King Jesus is preparing for the humanity that …chooses to be humble: in Love, Life, and with true liberty!

Easter Blessings!

King Jesus said: “A new commandment I give you … that you Love one another even as I have Loved you!”

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post

“Courage “ is an interesting concept…Perspective: in the 1880’s my folks took a wagon team to Winnipeg from Edmonton…. To pick up winter supplies as the railroad was not built yet…
          Tom, that sounds like a daunting trek, do you have journal entries from that time, of the trip? How long would a round trip have that taken? What supplies would've been needed, that couldn't have been found closer, like in Saskatoon, or Brandon(RR station built in 1882) Would traveling that far with just one wagon be worth the trouble, as one wagon wouldn't have room for many supplies?

Comment

[QUOTE=TOM4CWB;563932]

Perspective: …
            Thanks Tom - this now makes more sense today than it did yesterday. Your forefather's made the same trek you did...it just took a little longer...
            __________________________________________________ ___________

https://www.producer.com/news/cwb-protester-ends-hunger-strike-but-says-action-wasnt-a-failure/

It was 34 days between meals for Tom Jackson.

The self-proclaimed hunger striker, an Alberta farmer with a beef against the Canadian Wheat Board, ended his fast on April 30 in Winnipeg.

He ended it without getting what he wanted, an export licence to ship his grain to the United States without going through the usual buy-back procedures.

But he said in an interview shortly after his decision to start eating again that he doesn’t feel his much publicized protest campaign was a failure.

“I guess what I’ve accomplished is finding out a very disturbing thing about my supposed marketing agency, the Canadian Wheat Board,” he said. “That basically they don’t care if I live or die, which is quite a revelation.”

The end of the hunger strike was greeted with relief by wheat board officials like Bob Roehle. The board’s director of communications said that given how determined Jackson seemed to be, and because Jackson had described his fight with the board in religious terms, there were fears he might follow through on his threat to fast until death.

The decision to end his protest came after the intervention of Ken Beswick, on the same day Beswick resigned from his job as wheat board commissioner.
            “He convinced me, along with a few other people, that I should end the hunger strike for the sake of my family,” said Jackson. Both his wife Lucy and 12-year-old son Daniel had recently joined in refusing to take any sustenance besides water and fruit juice. Beswick said in an interview he told Jackson he had made his point, but had to understand the board could not treat him any differently than it treats other farmers.

According to Roehle, some wheat board officials were skeptical of Jackson’s fast, wondering whether someone who hadn’t eaten in more than a month could drive a truck from his home in Ardrossan, Alta. to Winnipeg and spend a day picketing, or would more likely be flat on their back, unable to function normally.

“Our people were very suspicious as to whether this was a legitimate hunger strike, even though I believe in Tom’s mind it was,” said Roehle.

Jackson said he’s accepted the fact that he won’t be getting a no-cost export licence, but added the board hasn’t heard the last of him. “I can come back and fight a lot harder in a different way,” he said. Asked what he has in mind, he said he’d be thinking about it on his long drive home from Winnipeg.

__________________________________________________ _________________

22 years since Beswick died... I miss him... I do not miss Roehle...

Comment

Originally posted by beaverdam View Post
              Tom, that sounds like a daunting trek, do you have journal entries from that time, of the trip? How long would a round trip have that taken? What supplies would've been needed, that couldn't have been found closer, like in Saskatoon, or Brandon(RR station built in 1882) Would traveling that far with just one wagon be worth the trouble, as one wagon wouldn't have room for many supplies?
              Interesting questions!

Since Winnipeg was the “centre of the universe” in 1881… and rail service (in 1878) had then become available… (before that Minneapolis was the biggest trading centre…) certain specific items like northern Manitoba wheat seed for instance were least costly by wholesale purchases …and then self transport of these items…. Back to the farm at Edmonton. We were growing oats for the RCMP Fort Edmonton horses… Great Falls Montana had been the oat supply point before local oat production became commercially available … flour in bags being shipped in at that point. Our farm set up grain cleaning equipment… to clean our grain at that point…

A Brave new world it was… in 1881!

My great grandparents would be shocked to see what our surrounding farm land looks like today… that we today…still farm…the changes since even 1960… is truly astounding!

Easter Blessings

Comment

Here is the priority in the West. New bill would criminalize protests and offensive remarks in parts of Canada. Comes with a $25000 fine.
                Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_20230405_173018_CEOca.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	98.4 KB
ID:	774859

Name:	Screenshot_20230406_195706_Reddit.jpg
Size:	97.7 KB
ID:	774860
                Last edited by biglentil; Apr 6, 2023, 21:25.

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post
                  Interesting questions!

Since Winnipeg was the “centre of the universe” in 1881… and rail service (in 1878) had then become available… (before that Minneapolis was the biggest trading centre…) certain specific items like northern Manitoba wheat seed for instance were least costly by wholesale purchases …and then self transport of these items…. Back to the farm at Edmonton. We were growing oats for the RCMP Fort Edmonton horses… Great Falls Montana had been the oat supply point before local oat production became commercially available … flour in bags being shipped in at that point. Our farm set up grain cleaning equipment… to clean our grain at that point…

A Brave new world it was… in 1881!

My great grandparents would be shocked to see what our surrounding farm land looks like today… that we today…still farm…the changes since even 1960… is truly astounding!

Easter Blessings

Your grandparent would also shake their head at how many rail lines that they built got ripped out for no good reason.

Comment

Name:	20230407_071546.jpg
Size:	88.1 KB
ID:	774861Click image for larger version

Name:	20230407_071447.jpg
Size:	87.4 KB
ID:	774862

Wasn't that long ago the CWB was sending USSR a big part of our wheat crop on the never never plan because they couldn't feed themselves.

Comment

Comment

Every transaction without USD is dollars that find their way home to the USA to become inflation. Every dollar that is not used in another transaction is one less dollar invested in US capital markets. You have probably seen the highs of the generation in the equities market, peak US military spending and the end of siphoning off prosperity from the developing world.

To force a country to trade in USD, the US has to flatten it first like Libya and Iraq. Dont see them doing that with china and russia and india.

This die is already cast the day Trudeau froze funds and Biden froze Russias assets. The mask came fully off all these clowns.
                        Last edited by jazz; Apr 7, 2023, 11:51.

Comment

USA is phucked...did it to themselves... Tucker right on. What a shame.

Pointless war in Ukraine, like all the other wars they have been involved in, military industry raided US treasury/people for BILLIONS!
                          Last edited by fjlip; Apr 7, 2023, 11:50.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
                            Interesting since Fox has said F###ers commentary is made up. Good to see you are true to form with fake media.

Comment

Obviously you watched the video, what part was fake and don’t use your generic statement of all of it, be specific, maybe you can change our minds with an intelligent response.

Comment

Originally posted by TSIPP View Post
                                Obviously you watched the video, what part was fake and don’t use your generic statement of all of it, be specific, maybe you can change our minds with an intelligent response.
                                If you believe all his assumptions, the U.S. should intervene directly to protect the currency. So WWIII?

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...