• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

SeedMaster SR

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

SeedMaster SR

https://www.realagriculture.com/2023/01/seedmaster-ultra-sr-improvements-and-options-for-2023/

Still have to make a few changes on this one for us. Need to move the stands for the rear walkway to make room for another 800 gal liquid fert tank under the walkway . Will be for Alpine on sectional as well in seedrow. Hopefully works as well as the one we got to demo last spring.

Seems to be a more friendly and quicker to market than the CLEANSEED single toolbar.

Comment

I like all the shanks out back , very easy to service and change depth .
      Looks a bit odd but was very impressed with how it’s built and contoured the ground over sharp hog backs . Will be nice to get most fertility down at seeding over the Horsch .
      Hopefully less maintenance and will have far less sensors and bearings to have grief with .
      Will be used to seed canola , a few soybeans , peas , some corn and hopefully the smaller faba beans if we grow them .
      Will be very easy to pull , not much draft .
      Not the singulation of the Horsch but close from what we seen .

Comment

You traded the planter?

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
          I like all the shanks out back , very easy to service and change depth .
          Looks a bit odd but was very impressed with how it’s built and contoured the ground over sharp hog backs . Will be nice to get most fertility down at seeding over the Horsch .
          Hopefully less maintenance and will have far less sensors and bearings to have grief with .
          Will be used to seed canola , a few soybeans , peas , some corn and hopefully the smaller faba beans if we grow them .
          Will be very easy to pull , not much draft .
          Not the singulation of the Horsch but close from what we seen .
          Simple question Furrow, how many acres in your opinion do you have to seed to justify having a separate drill to seed canola? I certainly agree that seed singulation or close to it combined with wider row spacing would work very well for Canola as you have proven but a new Seedmaster SR I am guessing has to be at least $500000, I would think at least 3000 acres of use per year to justify the expense. Just my thought and always appreciate your information!

Comment

Ya it’s about 3000 ac canola . Seed savings and yield gains nearly paid for the planter in peas and canola . Treated and inoculated seed peas , even your own are very costly now . Both canola and peas were half rate to most any drill . The new SR will be close .
            One big drill would be iffy in our area for us Prime seeding time frame here very short .
            Also would need to upgrade tractor to pull big drill … that makes the cost of the SR look nearly insignificant on its own nowadays. Over $700,000 now for used Quadtrack with 1400 hrs 😮. Then add in a 80 ft new drill with full capability at nearly a mill . We Don’t need a set up like that to seed cereals .
            Our wheat drill works great and worth very little to anyone else , and very cheap to run .
            Will see how it goes , the drill and planter set up worked very well . Could seed a pile of acres in a very short time .
            12-14 day decent seeding window here
            Too early and we get freeze damage around May long weekend
            Too late , after May 25th and we risk freezing in the fall .
            An extra 10 days at seeding would be a different situation.
            We will not do 24 hr / day , not our thing .
            Last edited by furrowtickler; Feb 2, 2023, 08:22.

Comment

Sorry , long winded post , short answer ya about 3000 ac , much less and most likely would not justify on its own
              All new / good used machinery is almost impossible to justify now on any farm .
              It’s gone nutz

Comment

Furrow I believe this drill will serve you well,glad to see set up with the ultapro not perfect but improvement over some of the distribution systems. Good luck with the drill , might have to take drive south to check it out this up coming season.

Comment

Originally posted by furrowtickler View Post
                  Sorry , long winded post , short answer ya about 3000 ac , much less and most likely would not justify on its own
                  All new / good used machinery is almost impossible to justify now on any farm .
                  It’s gone nutz
                  Actually I enjoyed the long response. You raise a good point. My existing flexi 5000 is an excellent wheat and barley drill, not as good for canola. In your case the continued use of the Bourgault for cereals and a better drill for canola makes sense, especially if your using both at once!!!

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                  • Return to Topic List
                  Working...