• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Elevator Probe

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by seldomseen View Post
    I always try and make the scale so clean when I leave the guy behind can't tell what I unloaded and sometimes I want the thank the guy in front of me. That's almost always a commercial hauler.
    Ive always wondered if dumping the air has any weight whatsoever. Freebie.

Comment

I always try and make the scale so clean when I leave the guy behind can't tell what I unloaded and sometimes I want the thank the guy in front of me. That's almost always a commercial hauler.
      I'm a meticulous housekeeper while on the scale. I figure I need to make back the sample at least. Often can find more than that, especially if following a custom trucker.

Once I had the weight of all the old samples being dumped added to my scale weight, so I suppose that made up for many years of samples being taken.

I've also watched as they dump whatever samples are in the bucket in the pit along with my grain, wheat, canola, peas, barley all in at once, but for some reason if any of those foreign grains are found in my sample it is dockage which I don't get paid for...

Comment

Newer points have seperate probe point, weigh in scales, dump pits and tare out scales, then on to a ticket window.
        Way faster. And no sweeping. Turn and burn.

Comment

Got a talking too for cleaning wet corn (snow ) off a scale and into a pit from Husky plant. It wasn't much but was going to add up if nobody did something. Nobody but drivers are at the unload so if nobody cleans up after themselves it can pile up in a hurry.

Comment

Originally posted by biglentil View Post
            Ive always wondered if dumping the air has any weight whatsoever. Freebie.
            Ask chuck

Comment

Originally posted by Old Cowzilla View Post
              Got a talking too for cleaning wet corn (snow ) off a scale and into a pit from Husky plant. It wasn't much but was going to add up if nobody did something. Nobody but drivers are at the unload so if nobody cleans up after themselves it can pile up in a hurry.
              yep , and they'd all be looking out the window while you did it

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
              • Return to Topic List
              Working...