• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Friday Cocktail and a HAPPY NEW YEAR,

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How can anyone think what happened 65 years ago is anything like what’s going on now?

As much as I like the idea of building our military planes, I’m pretty sure the arrow was obsolete by the time it was built.

Comment

As a strong conservative I will agree the Avro was ahead of it’s time and would of created a huge win for winterpeg and the west

Comment

Originally posted by foragefarmer View Post
        Not saying that at all. Just making a point!

John cancelled the Avro in 1958. How much money, jobs, and wealth could have been created the last 64 years on the advance technology during the cold war is something we'll never know.

And, Dienfenbaker scrap ped it for nothing and the American snatched up Canadian brains for their space program.

Hamloc, can you put a dollar value on that?
        I actually have no idea Forage what that dollar value would be and if it would be significant. But 2 wrongs don’t make a right. The fact remains no Prime Minister in Canada’s history has added as much to the deficit as Justin Trudeau, not even close, and really nothing to show for it!! That simple.

Comment

Nothing positive to show for it.
          Our economy and general expectations of our society can only be described as a shit show.

Comment

Worse than that.

Covid Vax and Civil Rights …. Confiscation of Bank Accounts… Canadian Citizens privilege to demonstrate for Charter Rights and Freedoms being called sedition and treasonous activity…

Quite a year of accomplishments… our Ottawa Lib/ND coalition governance…

Here is hoping to 2023 being more constructive and prosperous!!!

Blessings and Salutations!

Comment

Originally posted by Taiga View Post
              A $200k semi truck spec’d 3 years ago is now $300k. Fuel double. Super B hoppers pushing $200k.
              Yes when I do the math and I see so many Super B’s on the road I can’t help but wonder how they make it work. I have often regretted not getting my class 1 when it was affordable(costs roughly $10000 now in Alberta) but I really have no urge to haul my own grain. Maintaining and updating my existing farm equipment is expensive enough. Any thoughts on how many dollars an hour that truck needs to make for that to pencil out?

Comment

Upgraded some of our fleet with 2018s day cabs (400000 km) deleted with new tridems it was a cash deal, some times farming is fun and some times real fun.

Probably will do another in 2023 with a 2019. You need quality reliable trucks year round.

Comment

sedition and treasonous activity…

Quite a year

Blessings and Salutations![/QUOTE]

Don't count on it the FD's are planning to inspire more disunity with another demonstration in Winnipeg.

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                    Yes when I do the math and I see so many Super B’s on the road I can’t help but wonder how they make it work. I have often regretted not getting my class 1 when it was affordable(costs roughly $10000 now in Alberta) but I really have no urge to haul my own grain. Maintaining and updating my existing farm equipment is expensive enough. Any thoughts on how many dollars an hour that truck needs to make for that to pencil out?
                    $220/hr or $5/loaded km as a minimum starting point based on equipment purchased before the price explosion. If buying today, I don’t know, add 25% or more I suppose. It’s ugly right now for sure. Used equipment has risks too.

Comment

18 and 19 usually have warranty for a bit.

Comment

Originally posted by SASKFARMER View Post
                        18 and 19 usually have warranty for a bit.
                        I must be getting old…

We have plenty of ‘warranty’ on our trucks….

All over 20 years old, self warranty… great mechanics just down the road! We know the equipment very well after owning for Decades!!!

Also our people are good at fixing equipment…

Great fun….

All the Best in 2023!

Comment

Originally posted by TOM4CWB View Post

It can only get better from here. I'm expecting 2023 to be a great year. I don't think junior will be "speaking more moistly" by the end of the year. It's been constrictive and preposterous. Come on guys and gal's, double down, it could be Canada's last chance.

Comment

tom we all can fix

old has issues with wiring etc it’s old and costs more to repair in long run. i have a 1999 pete it’s not a cheap truck to keep on the road.

Comment

Originally posted by agstar77 View Post
                              sedition and treasonous activity…

Quite a year

Blessings and Salutations!
                              Don't count on it the FD's are planning to inspire more disunity with another demonstration in Winnipeg.[/QUOTE]

Hmmmm, so in your opinion what Justin Trudeau has done the last 7 years has inspired unity?!?!

Comment

Originally posted by Hamloc View Post
                                Don't count on it the FD's are planning to inspire more disunity with another demonstration in Winnipeg.
                                Hmmmm, so in your opinion what Justin Trudeau has done the last 7 years has inspired unity?!?![/QUOTE]

its like they're oblivious?????

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...