• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

DEF fluid

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Sheepwheat View Post
    How much def does the new fangled machinery use? Like is it a l an hour or what? I have no idea, just curious.

Seeing these threads it makes me glad I’m four decades behind sometimes. Sometimes not though, that’s for sure.
    Ain’t nothing wrong with an N14 or 3406. At least if they don’t want to start even I can figure it out. Fuel, air, and compression to make something happen. My much newer Iveco…………. a lot more things to check out and parts 6 months away. Not sure about this thing called “progress” at times.

What percent is the urea in def? Is it cheaper than the crazy high 46-0-0 in the bin?😉

Comment

Originally posted by woodland View Post
      Ain’t nothing wrong with an N14 or 3406. At least if they don’t want to start even I can figure it out. Fuel, air, and compression to make something happen. My much newer Iveco…………. a lot more things to check out and parts 6 months away. Not sure about this thing called “progress” at times.

What percent is the urea in def? Is it cheaper than the crazy high 46-0-0 in the bin?😉
      Urine also contains urea perhaps a low cost alternative. In the olden days urine was used for tanning hides and a poor family could earn some money by pissing in a pot and selling it. If you were very poor you didnt have a pot to piss in.

Comment

Def is 32.5% urea. Paid $.45/litre in 2021 for 1000 litre tote. Last tote bought in November was $1/ litre. All quad tracks, combines and sprayers on the farm (caseih) deleted with a 10% tune with simple program. Equipment has never worked better. Deleted a couple of highway tractors , Cummins and paccar, DEF/ DPF and EGR. A little more involved and costly but worth every penny

Comment

How much def does the new fangled machinery use? Like is it a l an hour or what? I have no idea, just curious.
          A local BTO says that his 600 horse 4wd can put away a 45 gallon drum of def in a 10 hour day. Looks like about 20 litres per hour. Such an insane penalty to apply to N American machine operators.

Comment

Originally posted by Happytrails View Post
            A local BTO says that his 600 horse 4wd can put away a 45 gallon drum of def in a 10 hour day. Looks like about 20 litres per hour. Such an insane penalty to apply to N American machine operators.
            Sounds a little far fetched, our Quad would go thru about 1500 litres during seeding season, guessing maybe at the most 10 litres a hour, probably closer to 5.

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
              Sounds a little far fetched, our Quad would go thru about 1500 litres during seeding season, guessing maybe at the most 10 litres a hour, probably closer to 5.
              Could be. I'm thinking the high number would be when working about as hard as the tractor could. Def consumption seems to mirror fuel consumption or even increase more as the load increases.

Comment

Seeing these threads it makes me glad I’m four decades behind sometimes. Sometimes not though, that’s for sure.
                We have a 8.9 NH combine. We would go through about 1000 litres of fuel and it would use about 60-70 litres of DEF. Had a code show up indicating restriction in the system and the service guy came out. He reset the code and changed the filter and now we are using about 10 litres of DEF per 1000litres of diesel..

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                • Return to Topic List
                Working...