• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Cdn /US Fertilizer Price Distortions

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Cdn /US Fertilizer Price Distortions

Interesting that it was just announced that the 115$M in fertilizer tariffs put on Russian and Belarusian fertilizer and charged Canadians will be sent to the Ukrainians to fix the electrical power grid…

Sounds charitable and generous… until the effect of forcing all Canadian fertilizer up, because of lack of market arbitrage to keep Canadian and Northern US fertilizer prices competitive with global fertilizer prices. With China stopping phosphate fertilizer exports for a year now… now reports are China won’t export fertilizer at least into the near future… this will cost Canadian and Northern US farmers Billions… in increased fertilizer prices….

Help for Ukraine should come from all Canadians… not just farmers… reducing Canadian farmers competitiveness globally… and increasing the profits of fertilizer manufacturers in North America.

Unintentional consequences????

Very unlikely….

As we buy 2023 fertilizer…. We pay extra carbon tax… and tariff taxes… reducing Canadian farmers sustainability.

10-15%… at least… is Billions extra in fertilizer cost…until this Ukrainian war is settled…

Talk about adding insult to injury…

Merry Christmas from JT… our special Liberal NDP PM…

Blessings and Salutations to everyone on Agriville and Farms. Com!!!

RFD TV report on bottom of screen

I will point out that you have been one of the most outspoken Supporters of Ukraine. Until the cost is coming out of your pocket.

Which can be said for most people, and most causes.

Comment

The Ukrainian thing is just a distraction from the simple fact domestic producers of anything related to ag inputs or supplies don't need tariff protection at this time.
      Profitability is unprecedented.

Comment

Originally posted by AlbertaFarmer5 View Post
        I will point out that you have been one of the most outspoken Supporters of Ukraine. Until the cost is coming out of your pocket.

Which can be said for most people, and most causes.
        Did you actually read what I posted above??????

I pointed out support should “come from all Canadians…”.

My personal donations to the Ukrainian people should be my decision of whom and to how much I give to them.

Merry Christmas… don’t put words in my mouth or tell me what I am thinking.

Blessings

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
        • Return to Topic List
        Working...