• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rb auction shellbrook

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Now I understand how logic works for some on agriville.

When you are an eighty year old landowner looking to rent, the amount capitalistically offered at $200.00 per acre is okay, provided you run it through RB. This landowner likely wasn't 80, if that is your out.

If not, "not my words", an eighty year old landowner doing rental on his own for $200.00 per acre would be a "prick".

Comment

Originally posted by checking View Post

When you are an eighty year old landowner looking to rent, the amount capitalistically offered at $200.00 per acre is okay, provided you run it through RB. This landowner likely wasn't 80, if that is your out.

If not, "not my words", an eighty year old landowner doing rental on his own for $200.00 per acre would be a "prick".
      Sounds like exactly how it works.
      Same thing happens over and over. My neighbor, an older cattlemen, couldn't say enough bad things about someone selling $100 hay bales during the 2009 drought. At that time he was a hay buyer. Fast forward a year or two and he sold a lot of his cattle due to health reasons and was in the hay selling market, and it was miraculous how his position turned around when the shoe was on the other foot.

I'm sure we all do it.
      Last edited by AlbertaFarmer5; Dec 15, 2022, 14:05.

Comment

Can't criticize the 200 bucks..at some point we will all be there.
        Time clock is ticking for all of us regardless what age we are today.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
          Those guys have balls of steel. What I understand half the ground at Le Pas they have has been permanent grass for some reason. I wonder why.
          Heard they were laughing about how they stole that land and why guys weren’t jumping at the chance to get it. Last couple years the boys up there have done good but the 8 before that hurt the retirement fund!

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
            Those guys have balls of steel.
            Probably have a banker with a sense of humour.

Comment

Originally posted by FarmJunkie View Post
              Heard they were laughing about how they stole that land and why guys weren’t jumping at the chance to get it. Last couple years the boys up there have done good but the 8 before that hurt the retirement fund!
              Yup. I had a cousin live up that way. I have been up there a couple times.

Beautiful land but can be a short season.

Comment

Originally posted by checking View Post

Man let it go
                The prick comment was for the old pricks here that made some young guy starting out take his crop off for nothing for 3 years before he could rent it
                Happened here all the time
                You know how it works
                Last edited by Guest; Dec 15, 2022, 18:59.

Comment

Originally posted by FarmJunkie View Post
                  2020 a lot of that land might’ve got seeded but lots didn’t get combined. Maybe monette will run cows on the muskeg they bought then. What I heard on the g****vine they were planning to work it up.

Comment

Just like the 1980's; it keeps going up until it didn't anymore. Guys are buying the assets that sinks the farm again. I though rate increases were done already but we are still less than a free market rate as what would rates be if printing went to zero. 20% or so. Will have a new renter from somewhere else in the hood here next spring as well. Had the best crop here in many years in '22. (If you seeded Invigor even that did not happen) Land values are lower here than other areas for a reason and maybe they will find out why. BTO's like Monette will get a lesson in the Pas. Around here in the wet years you had to camp in the sprayer cab for the half hour opportunity every two weeks or so. This you can't do when dependent on hired help. The $500K sprayer depreciates while camping in it. Down in the south you can usually go everyday unless too windy. Makes a huge difference. Will make for nice auctions a few years from now.

Comment

It’s always the good times that gets the people in trouble

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                      • Return to Topic List
                      Working...