• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Rb auction shellbrook

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Rb auction shellbrook

Are these rents widespread?
    Seems steep? Looks like good land but maybe I’m out of touch.

Looks like total obligation is 1,272,000 for the use of 2,153 acres for the next 3 years! seems to me, that's a cheque I'd cash, not one I would write.

Comment

How much an acre does RB get ?

Comment

200 remt

Comment

Right on where SKF was saying. Thats pretty far up north, definitely some seasonality risk there.

Comment

$6-7/bus feed barley @ 100bus/ac

Does that compute?

How about $20/bus canola @ 40bus/ac?

Comment

Someone thinking positive that prices will stay the same or go higher.
              Yrs ago a $20 an acre profit on rent was good enough..

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                I was told one can lock in canola for 20 $ canola for the future
                You can lock in 2 yrs prices in futures market. I guess use that as a hedge and then crank up the crop insurance.

If you are going to fck someone in your recklessness, better not be the landowner. Thats remembered in a community.
                Last edited by jazz; Dec 15, 2022, 09:44.

Comment

200 an acre rent has a nice sound to it !
                  I think it depends on which side of the fence you are on. at my age it has a nice sound to it, but thinking of my young neighbors age, I'm assuming not so much.

Comment

Is Monette now swinging by ShellBrook on his way from Hafford to Elkridge to the Pas ?
                    Those guys have balls of steel. What I understand half the ground at Le Pas they have has been permanent grass for some reason. I wonder why.

Comment

Originally posted by red rider View Post
                      I think it depends on which side of the fence you are on. at my age it has a nice sound to it, but thinking of my young neighbors age, I'm assuming not so much.
                      Couldn’t agree more
                      And it’s so much harder when you’re young (farming/paying bills)

Comment

Originally posted by jazz View Post
                        You can lock in 2 yrs prices in futures market. I guess use that as a hedge and then crank up the crop insurance.

If you are going to fck someone in your recklessness, better not be the landowner. Thats remembered in a community.
                        Sure didn’t matter last time ??

Comment

Originally posted by red rider View Post
                          We were all young once and took a chance. 20% interest rate.

Comment

Originally posted by WiltonRanch View Post
                            Those guys have balls of steel. What I understand half the ground at Le Pas they have has been permanent grass for some reason. I wonder why.
                            There were pictures of cattle liners with Monette on them last fall.
                            Text with something about thier first year in beef.
                            Big Lake Angus run by the Markus family had 11000ac.

Comment

They bought a big ranch in BC. Blue Goose Cattle Company I believe is the name.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...