• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

u-trough bin unloading augers

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

u-trough bin unloading augers

My bin unload auger blew up today and I am in the market for new auger for unloading hopper bins. The few quotes that I got are way more money than I wanted to spend, but choices seem limited and I need something soonish.

There is a 2022 Brandt available, but not much out for info. Anyone have one or heard about them?

Westfields have been sold locally and liked by my neighbors, but non available till spring.

New 12x39 meridian available with a 40hp vanguard, but it is not a u trough and not sure that 39' will fit under 24' diameter hopper bins.

Possibly a springland close by, but dealer has to confirm that. The hopper looks clumsy on them.

Ideally I need something to load quick and also load canola. Or should I abandon the U trough idea and pay even more for an oilseed conveyor?

There is a used u trough on kijji.

Comment

Over 30 grand for a load out auger is a bargain, a superb of canola would cover that easy.

Comment

We have a 12x39 meridian.. used it for several years and have been happy. It will fit under under a 24’ hopper but it is a bit awkward as the movers back two tires have to sit on the skid.

Heard good things about the U trough Brandt but haven’t used one personally.

Comment

Originally posted by BreadWinner View Post
          Over 30 grand for a load out auger is a bargain, a superb of canola would cover that easy.
          Looking back it seems that it has taken a super b load of canola to pay for a load out auger for quite some time.

I agree it is mind boggling how expensive they are.

Comment

If you decide to stay with an auger
            Wheat heart is the best on the market for the money, and none faster
            We have a wheat heart and a meridian both new or near new
            The meridian is an absolute piece of junk , slower , the flighting is about 3 times thinner (actually bent it with a 1/4” of ice in auger tub)
            They also have patented it to throw grain straight up in the air instead of up the tube , company told me to use a hopper dropper which you have to , or clean up a mess around tub
            Augering out of a tandem is quite the adventure
            Why anyone thinks these are good augers is beyond me and must have certainly never tried a wheat heart
            Actually bought a new wheat heart swing away this spring also , and I prefer it to the Brandt (which is a good auger , but overpriced)we have here as well

Comment

Originally posted by poorboy View Post
              Looking back it seems that it has taken a super b load of canola to pay for a load out auger for quite some time.

I agree it is mind boggling how expensive they are.
              This 41’x 10” with all options and 37 hp vanguard EFI was $18500 this summer , before insanity started

Comment

More than a few that are less than impressed with any Brandt equipment

Comment

We have 3 order meridian that run smoother than our 2 yr old 10x41 AGI.
                  If meridian had a better mover this junk would be gone..

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                    We have 3 order meridian that run smoother than our 2 yr old 10x41 AGI.
                    If meridian had a better mover this junk would be gone..
                    Luck of the draw I guess
                    This new wheat heart is really smooth
                    Had both set up for canola one day , trucker just smiled when I told him he had the wheat heart
                    Did you get it checked out cause they’re usually pretty good ?
                    They wouldn’t do anything about the flighting throwing grain up in the air on this one
                    I agree older meridians and sakundiak were good
                    Last edited by Guest; Dec 13, 2022, 18:54.

Comment

12" Meridian came a little underpowered to run full but a quick adjustment of the governer fixed it up. Its almost too quick about 180bus/min. Almost twice as quick as the 15" batco. It surprises almost every custom trucker that comes to the yard. Got to be quick on your feet or there will be a cleanup.
                      Last edited by biglentil; Dec 13, 2022, 20:02.

Comment

Which engine?
                        37 efi vanguard?

Comment

Originally posted by Partners View Post
                          Which engine?
                          37 efi vanguard?
                          Yes thats the one

Comment

Originally posted by zeefarmer View Post
                            More than a few that are less than impressed with any Brandt equipment
                            Have a brandt too just like that one, its fit and finish is nicer than our Batco. I like that the motor isnt 7 ft in the air. The mover on batco requires chains on the tires to get around in the winter. Mover much nicer on the brandt, fast I like that, also turns on a dime, good traction. Little thing but I like that the hitch has a storage spot on the brandt. Hopper is nicer on the brandt. Batco slightly quicker loader however.
                            Last edited by biglentil; Dec 13, 2022, 20:28.

Comment

We have a Brandt first few days sucked shit. Like was mentioned.

They looked after our issues and it’s rebuilt back and loads great.

Augers and troughs aren’t cheap any more

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                              • Return to Topic List
                              Working...