• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Fert price

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

My fert bill was so big I thought I bought new combine.

Comment

Originally posted by BTO780 View Post
      My fert bill was so big I thought I bought new combine.
      Have to admit my blend is ****ing gross this year.

Comment

Depending on the soil zone, I suspect most prairie farms will be spending somewhere between $100 and $200/acre on fertilizer this year. With those numbers a good portion of farms could purchase a new combine or two with the fertilizer bill

Comment

No where near a big fertilizer user but for what I put down on the average isn’t too far off $100/acre. Guys on better land not far away will be in between $100 and $200. It’s gross when a few years back $100 covered most of my inputs.

Comment

Carbon tax up 30% ouch

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
              Might be best if I stay away from the retailers for a while !
              Maybe I should make Monette or Babich my new retailers.

Comment

Sounds counterintuitive but I’m looking into planting more hay/pasture but my ground if you know what I farm works out. Always like some grass breaking to seed into every year. For the rest of everyone with “good” land and no desire for that stuff it just sucks. No amount of regenerative bs will insulate any of us from carbon taxes, corporate greed, or world events. I’d like to see another generation run this farm but they better have something to fall back on. If we are competing with the beneficiaries of foreign money laundering how do we go forward?

Comment

Buying grass seed and dumping phos and potash on to get a crop ain't cheap either. Not to mention trying to keep grasshoppers from eating it the first year to get it going.

Comment

Gas demand has cratered in many of the big importing counties that had shut down or were restricting fertilizer exports.Mostly due to warm winter in Europe and Asia.
                    Demand appears to have been soft for fertilizer. If gas stays at pre war levels and more fertilizer/nh3 starts to back up the jig might be up on the price squeeze?

Click image for larger version

Name:	20230103_082303.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	41.7 KB
ID:	774318

Comment

Originally posted by shtferbrains View Post
                      Gas demand has cratered in many of the big importing counties that had shut down or were restricting fertilizer exports.Mostly due to warm winter in Europe and Asia.
                      Demand appears to have been soft for fertilizer. If gas stays at pre war levels and more fertilizer/nh3 starts to back up the jig might be up on the price squeeze?

[ATTACH]11701[/ATTACH]
                      The headlines are record heatwave across Europe lately. They couldn't have asked for better timing for a heatwave.
                      Thinking back to late summer/ early fall, I don't think that betting on this happening was the prudent thing to do.

Comment

Phos 1100, Urea 1050 spring delivery. Marginal decrease on what we locked in last fall.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
                          You forgot about Monettes buddy Lingenfelter !
                          How could I forget about that character?
                          Guess I won’t to forget about all NDPEERS!!!

Comment

Originally posted by BTO780 View Post
                            How could I forget about that character?
                            Guess I won’t to forget about all NDPEERS!!!
                            “Never Forget”

Comment

Urea below 900 today locally. $890 february delivery. The games we play. I was told we hit the floor when it was $960.

Comment

Check chem prices.
                                Rezuvant xl in barrels up 600 bucks per barrel.
                                Puke...

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
                                • Return to Topic List
                                Working...