• You will need to login or register before you can post a message. If you already have an Agriville account login by clicking the login icon on the top right corner of the page. If you are a new user you will need to Register.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Any benefit to an older farmer if they finance a younger guy on their equipment?

Collapse
X
Collapse

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by caseih View Post
    i remember , not that long ago , adding water to over dry canola struggling to get to $5.25/bu
    2005. My first crop. Thought I was rich!🤣

Comment

Originally posted by Sodbuster View Post
      Not unless you’re trying to justify $150 rent.
      That is about the only way

Comment

I start every year assuming the worst. We have been hailed out, drowned out, and frozen or snowed under often enough that I assume a complete write off is a probable outcome. I budget based on historical low commodity prices, regardless of what they are today. And I assume we could go a year or more with no crop income.[/QUOTE]

This reminds me of my neighbor and his son's differences.
        The dad said he always underestimated what was in a bin/field and his son always overestimated. He said his son was often disappointed and mad and he was usually pleasantly surprised and happy. He liked his approach better.

Comment

Originally posted by wiseguy
          You've got to be prepared for it all

The wind, the drought, the Rain, the gouging, the frost, and the snowfall !
          The wind and the gouging seem to be getting worse.

Comment

• Reply to this Thread
          • Return to Topic List
          Working...